Chapter 5

King's POV

I learnt a while ago that where there's a will, there's a way. But then I also learnt that having a will is like having a map — if you don't know where you're going then what's the point of having one. Decisions. Sometimes in life we are made to make decisions: hard ones, easy ones, weird ones. People procrastinate making decisions due to fear, anxiety, confusion. But I have learnt the hard way, that we don't always have time to be scared.

I lay on the cold floor of the cell. Waiting patiently for the right moment to come but when that is — that's up to me to decide. Tyro trust that I know their system well enough to find an opening. But this place, this hell, isn't one for leaving gaps and if I find one I wouldn't take it due to it most likely being a trap. Imagine getting trapped in a trap when you are already in the trap. I would never live it down, it'd be too embarrassing to live with myself knowing I'd been so naïve.

"King, he's back" Tyro whispered to me.

"Well, well, look your still here. I thought for sure you would try to escape by now" Bes' voiced, cackling at the end. He isn't the Bes I knew, that one died. I watched.

"The Bes I knew would never do this to his best friend" I spat back at him. "The Bes you know is dead!" He yelled back with so much pain and agony in his voice, laced with disdain and betrayal. "I'll miss him" I sighed, "many will, he was weak, and easier to kill".

Bes looked upon Tyro and I with such a fiery hate that I was confused what anyone could've done to earn such a disdainful look from a once smily person. Bes clutched his head in his hands and doubled over slightly, groaning in pain. When he stood back up to his full height, his body posture was unusually rigid and a stray tear ran down his face. His blinking seemed so robotic and the rise and fall of his chest dimmed. "Guards, escort the infortunatus praeda to the caput" (unfortunate prey, chief) Bes murmured in a ridiculously monotonous tone. Like he was being programmed.

"Why is he calling us 'unfortunate prey' also why is he speaking like that?" Tyro asked, "I don't know why he is talking like that but 'Unfortunate prey' is just something we called people that had to meet the chief or head commander of the institute. Each institute has a head commander that runs their own specific headquarters but there is one man thats the owner of all of the institutes" i explained as an excessive amount of guards came marching in, simultaneously. Harshly dragging us by the arms and silently threatening us of the consequences if we resist. "Who is the head of all the institutes?", "probably the devil".

We are made to trip over our own feef and chains with the incessant shoving and hitting we receive from the brutish guards "escorting" us. Escorting is too nice of a word to waste on them.

"Nice quod ad vos iterum, Messorem" (Nice to see you again, Messorem) a short, antediluvian man croaked. "And who exactly are you?" I reply, an annoyed look shadowing my sickly sweet smile. "Je suis quelqu'un que tu n'as jamais rencontré" (I am someone that you have never met) he answered. I don't know French. But I'm guessing it was an ambiguous answer due to the long, ranting nature of it. "Well that's cool I suppose but I really have other places to be so can we speed this up?" Tyro declared, a look of annoyance also lethargically crawling onto his face.

The man peered at Tyro and muttered 2 words. Maybe it was a name. Or a place. But whatever they meant Tyro looked like he was about to suffocate on the pain they invoked.

"Lune Von".

————————————————————
Hey readers!
My update game is actually so bad for this book because of various reasons but it will get better (hopefully) soon enough.

Im thinking of doin an interview for all of the characters so if you have questions send them in, please!
Byeee! 👋🏾

Syndicate of tribulationजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें