Chapter 3

Tyro's POV

Day 3 of being stuck with King. It's morning.

Some bruises have healed while others still threaten me with their daunting presence, reminding me every time I move too quick that they are still here. I don't mind the pain though. It reminds me that I'm not dead yet.

King seems different. I can't explain how or why but dying changed her. Maybe it made her more appreciative of life or maybe the total opposite. I can't tell.

The motel was haunted, big surprise. When we returned after our late-night swim, we heard a scream as well as a baby crying. I don't know who ran faster away from that place, but we did not wait a second to find out where that noise came from. That is how people die in horror movies. What a pathetic death that would be.

We have been moving around a lot. Travelling, more like trekking. I don't know where we are headed or in what direction we are headed but I do know that my feet hate me, and I haven't burnt anything in a while.

"King, where are we even going? Haven't you had enough, can we just lay down and die now? I'm so tired of running or more like walking to nowhere." I grunt, she rolls her eyes, "it's just a little further you big baby". "Big baby? I'm a year older than you, you idiot and this entire time you have known where we are going, and you didn't say a thing?" I exclaim in surprise; she nods and beams at me and if I had my Beretta I would shoot her.

I'm not joking.

King stopped suddenly, the world seemed to go quiet, and the dewy morning air grew heavier with the weight of silence. King cursed under her breath, "move backwards very slowly and when I say run, you better sprint like your life depends on it, ok?" she demands, I nod slowly and start moving backwards.

The sound of my breath sounded loud, my own heart drumming a beat in my ear. What is going on? I have learnt that it's better to ask questions later. "Run!" she whisper-shouts and I swivel round and push my body to the limit, sprinting – faster, faster. An arrow whizzes past my head, yes, a freaking arrow! It is followed by a shower of bullets finding it's way into tree stumps next to us and a murder of crows screeching our arrival to whoever we are running from.

I feel a heavy body ram into me, causing me to crash onto the floor. A black arrow that had been set alight pins itself right in front of my face. "There you go, I paid you back, now get on your feet and run!" King says as she herself stands up from our position and runs. I follow swiftly.

King saved my life.  Wow.

A figure emerges from a bush and runs in front of us, blocking our way. We are trapped.

I see the figure is a boy, he looks painfully familiar. He has dark black eyes, that seemed to rip through my soul. Dark brown skin that was littered with mud and leaves, and a plethora of scars. He reminds me of someone, someone that is dead. Someone that died a while ago.

King's POV

No. It can't be him. The figure in front of us stared at me with such foreign and dead eyes. It can't be him. He died. He is dead. I watched him die in front of me a while ago. Or did I?

My eyes open in shock. I felt as if an old wound had been reopened. My chest burned and my eyelids grew heavy. I was shutting down. My body, my brain, my whole being was shutting down, crumpling onto the floor, I had no control instead I was a spectator of my own body. I had lost control like a car losing traction, I had lost the steering and now all I could do was wait for that anticipated crash. The bang that shakes everything back into order halting the chaos.

If I was to imagine this, I think it would be more dramatic than this. It would be like:

The painfully familiar figure looking at me like a stranger with a smirk on his face as he watched me break, a shake wracking through me as Tyro tried to wake me up and with him calling my name like a madman calling out to his sanity.

But it wasn't like that at all. The figure looked at us with a hint of recognition and Tyro was silent. No one was shaking me awake and the world grew colder and darker gradually. Until it was all gone. "Lights out K. Taylor", I know that voice.

###########################################################################

A/N: Yeah, I know. I'm inconsistent and barely update. Sorry. I'm writing 3 books at once and it isn't fair to put 2 of them on hold since they are all very important. I am trying to edit the last book as well and I really wish past me had been better at writing so I wouldn't have to edit so much but ah well. I hope you enjoy this book.

.

.

.

.