Chapter 15

(I changed the chapter number's sorry if I caused confusion)

[King's POV]

I watched 'Hamilton' 3 times back in England. 6 hours total of my life watching an amazing production. No regrets.

I want to die without regrets.

There is a song from the production that stuck with me. A phrase in particular:

'I imagine death so much; it feels more like a memory.

When's it gonna get me?

In my sleep? Seven feet ahead of me?

If I see it coming, do I run or do I let it be?'

Without context it sounds like lovely poetry. With context... it sounds like acceptance. Acceptance of the fate. Unescapable fate.

I've been shot so many times I thought it would eventually hurt less. But no. It hurts just as much. No – it hurts more. Because I know the person who fired the gun is someone I once trusted most.

Bang.

It's almost comical. For a second, I actually believed that Tyro wouldn't shoot. Not for his brother, which I know he has no love, but for me. I never knew hate could blind someone completely, to the point all other emotions they had experienced become redundant in seconds.

I never want to feel like that.

"King, you idiot. I never meant to shoot you, why did you jump in front?" Tyro exclaimed, though it sounded more like a plea. How unusual. Everything sounded far away, and my vision started fading out. I'm so tired.

"King keep your eyes open, King! King! Kingide!" Tyro bellowed. It may be the drowsiness, but he almost sounded upset.

------------------------------------------------~~~~~~~~~~~~~---------------------------------------------~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where am I?

I hear mumbling and see blurry figures.

I try to rack my brain for events which might've taken place.

Tyro shot me, I passed out or died I'm not sure yet.

"Tyro" I tried to say, but it sounded broken and coarse. His head whipped around to look at me, he quickly snatched a bottle of water, from I-don't-know-where, and slowly poured it into my mouth. "Do you want more?" He asked as he held the plastic away from lips, I tried nodding but the mere fact I hadn't moved my head in sometime created a painful sensation down my neck. "Don't move" he coaxed, pouring the refreshing liquid down my throat.

This is quite a sight. Tyro taking caring me, and he isn't even being held at gunpoint. Wow! I never thought a day like this could come.

"You must be wondering where we are?" Tyro's voice pulled me out of my comical thoughts. I raised my eyebrow slightly at Tyro, urging him to answer his own question. "We are still in Belgium, but I took you to an ER. The bullet went straight through your stomach. You were losing blood so quickly and I didn't know what to do.. I just-", he cut himself off and looked up to the ceiling, staring into the flickering luminescent light to distract him from his thoughts. "I thought I killed you". My eyes widen as the betrayal I felt floods back in me with a ridiculous amount of strength. The hatred that flooded his eyes, plaguing my mind as I flick through my thoughts of the event. "Where Bes?" I croak. Tyro looked at me incredulously, did I say something wrong? "He is here. He just went out to get some food and new clothes" he mumbles.

Good, he's alive. So, it wasn't all for nothing. "We managed to get some quick jobs that pay us cash in hand after every shift. It's menial and tiring but it pays well enough." Tyro stated, answering my unasked question: with what money? "How long was I out for?" I queried; Tyro started counting in his head. " hmm, 4 or 5-" I cut him off "WEEKS?!", "days. You drama queen" he finished.

"I contacted Amo", I looked at Tyro wondering if he really said what I think he said. It had always been our plan to contact our team eventually, but due to the disruption thanks to Bes, I thought we would re-discuss a new plan. Slowly, I feel my dislike for Tyro bubbling up. From shooting me, to deciding our fate for us. This guy just doesn't know when to stop.

It's too late to argue so I rolled my eyes and stared up towards the off-white paint above me, allowing the tension lay thick in the air. "He spoke to Bes. They came to some sort of agreement but I'm not totally sure of what it was" he continued. I wonder what?

"King, we always planned to go back. I know you are probably mad that I contacted Amo, but we were always just running away from the inevitable. We were going to go back. Don't be angry because I abridged our wait.", I swear it seems like everything this boy says it purposely designed to annoy and antagonise me perpetually. I have never felt the need to say 'Shut up' in a million different languages, but I do now; hoping he understands one of them.

Bes ambled in with 2 bags on either wrist. His presence caused the tension to wane. "K! Your awake!" Bes exclaimed loudly, ignorant of the mood. I nod and muster a smile for him. He almost looks like his old self. But there is something off, something synthetic lingering behind the pretence he puts up for me. I wonder if he knows that there is someone else in his head.

Bes starts talking about the clothes he bought me and putting them on the bed I am on, apologising for not knowing what I like or my exact size whilst simultaneously getting embarrassed as he pulls out the pack of underwear he purchased, laying it among the clothes on the duvet. He picks up the other bag and pulls out a McDonalds meal and a juice, placing it on my lap before turning around to give Tyro his, which we both mumble a thank you too.

We tried to distract ourself with the spiritless shows that play on the room's TV. The cover story for me being here was that they found me in the woods whilst they were having a sibling bonding session, courtesy of a hike, in the woods.

I know. Ironic.

Basically, they left the back story of my bullet wound to me. I could easily say I don't remember or something believable and untraceable, so I'm not too annoyed at the circumstances.

Amo and the team are arriving later today. Apparently, they were in Spain when Tyro contacted them. I wonder what they were doing there.

I'm unsure if I miss them or not. The relief from finally being away from all those constant missions and anxiety outweighs whatever emotion I had towards the adrenaline I feel when I'm on said missions and the community  I feel when I'm with the others.

Bes left for work whilst Tyro stayed with me. I wish it was the other way around. "Remember that time that we got kidnapped and you were told to shoot one of us as payback for killing someone's dad?" Tyro asked me, I nodded slowly, wondering where he was going with this. "Remember when I said if you really had to shoot someone it would've been me?" he questioned again, to which I responded with a nod. "Well if it was the other way around, you would be the last on my list of people to kill." He quipped.

My jaw practically scraped the floor. Because 1. How random and 2. Wow! I didn't expect that.

"What I'm trying to say is, I never wanted or intended to shoot you, I know you are mad at me, and this isn't me asking for forgiveness or apologising, I just want you to get that through your thick skull" I rolled my eyes at his last comment. Way to ruin an 'aww' moment.

"King! Tyro! You're really alive" Bellowed Eustace as she came tumbling into the room, I was staying in. I feel like I'm in a sitcom because the amount of 'aww's I'm hearing in my head is unnatural.

In the words of the beautiful blonde from Grease – that I do not know the name of – "The gangs all back together".

wooohoooo I finally updated!!!

Next chapter will come as soon as my exams are over so most likely... 2/3 weeks but maybe sooner.