14: Expecting the Unexpected

The fashion and modeling industry has gone silent when one of their brightest stars has suddenly disappeared. Son Naeun did not technically disappear, but her agency stated that the model is in need to lay low for a while for the sake of her health.

Naeun has stopped working for over a month now. Although she enjoys her time doing things that she likes, she cannot hide the fact that she misses the chaotic studio, the glam makeup, and the angry flash of the camera. For almost five weeks of resting, she has been stuck with the same cycle everyday—waking up, eating, watching netflix, eating, reading books, eating, washing up, eating. That's right. Her days were spent mostly on eating, courtesy to Lee Taemin.

Today is one of those days where she has extra things to do which is her visit to the gynecologist.

Naeun was already up even before her phone buzzed in alarm. Earlier that morning, she was woken up by Taemin's clumsiness because he accidentally knocked her Escaping from Houdini book when he tripped on her fur rag, and it landed with a loud thud. She was pissed that she demanded the CEO that he get her the fourth book of the novel she is reading when he gets home.

Her scheduled appointment is at ten o'clock and upon glancing at the wall clock, she realized that she still has two hours free and she knows exactly what to do with it.

"A lovely breakfast in a cafe with my girl Eunji sounds good," she murmured with a smile as she unlocked her phone.

Upon unlocking, she saw that Taemin sent her five messages and she read the first three texts with a frown. Those three messages are containing the same message; that he is sorry for being so clumsy and for ruining her beauty sleep. The fourth message brought a grin on her face as she saw the image that he sent. It was the Capturing the Devil book with a novella from the same series that she is reading. While the fourth message brought her smile, the fifth filled her stomach with millions of butterflies.

With reddened cheeks she read the message aloud, "Can't afford my future wife to stay mad at me. Please accept my apology, mon amour." Mon amour. My love.

Taemin and Naeun are not rushing things, but their weeks spent together toughen the foundation of their relationship. The thought of how they practically avoid each other on their first day living under the same roof almost made her laugh. Who would have thought that the Jeju trip helped to loosen whatever chains that have been holding them back from giving their not-so-ideal set up a try? To her relief, Taemin is not the pushy type. He knows exactly the right thing to say, the right thing to do at the right time. It is as if he already knew her; he knows when to attack her personal space, and when to give her the time for herself. That is one of the things that she greatly likes about the man.

Smiling, she dialed for her best friend's contact and it only took one ring before Jung Eunji picked up.

["Ah, Son Goddess has finally called!!"] Eunji exclaimed from the other line.

"Yah! I've been trying to reach you out over the last few weeks, Eunji-ah!" She countered. "It's either you won't pick your dang phone or you are unreachable. In which cave in the globe are you staying at, huh?"

A melodic laugh echoed on the phone and like a virus, Naeun found herself laughing along with her best friend. With a loud snort Eunji chirped, ["The agency is to blame. They demand for me to work on some papers and contracts for our other models. You owe me some food, Son Naeun! You made me work on your withdrawals from photoshoots to runways. Girl, you have tons of bookings, you know!"]

"I know, I know. I should have taken a few more when my baby bumps are not yet showing, but heck, everything seems to be so tiring for me!" Naeun whined like she usually does when she is around with her friend. "I would always find myself dozing off every minute."