12: Strawberry, Lollipop and Lullabies

Jeju is an island where anyone can visit no matter what the season is but its beauty is always at its peak during summers and springs.

It is currently a sunny season in the country that is why despite sleeping with the air-conditioner on, Naeun still woke up with sweat clinging on her panda-patterned pajama that she has to jump out of the bed abruptly and wash up.

Last night, Taemin told her that he have plans clearly laid out for their vacation in the island starting from morning until night. She doesn’t know if the man is already awake or still snoring peacefully so she took her time bathing. For an hour, she opted to soak her body on icy waters to ease of the summer heat.

She’s not sure what the guy has exactly store for the day that she have to choose a casual outfit that will suit anywhere.

After she dry herself, she pulled out a black fitting shirt, a long, flowy skirt that will not squeeze her growing tummy and paired it with the same sandals that she wore yesterday. Once finished dressing, she tied her long jet black hair into a half up-do then she put light make up on and went out.

Naeun first check the room next door only to find it empty which means Taemin is already up. With the lack of sound coming from inside, she concluded that the guy is out somewhere in the house. He could be in the kitchen drinking his daily dose of caffeine or eating something so she rushed down the stairs to see. But like his room, the kitchen is also empty.

On the way, she saw no one from the living room which leaves her to think one place left: the backyard.

Silently, she slid the glass door open and found the man that she’s been looking for.

Taemin is all alone, seating casually on the a gray recliner seat, with his buttons all open and a lollipop sticking from his lips. She was wrong. Naeun expected to see him sipping on his cup of coffee or munching on some toasts bathing from golden butter that he loves so much but instead, he found him nibbling on a lollipop stick. The sight of him made her want to laugh that she has to put her own hand over her mouth to step herself from making a sound.

She don’t want to ruin his silly moment.

Instead, she click her camera app and took some candid shot of the man and only when she’s satisfied did she walked up to him with a smile.

“I didn’t know that Lee Financial Group’s famous CEO loves eating lollipop for breakfast.”

Taemin snaps his head on her direction after he heard her voice. A cheeky grin immediately broke out from his lips the moment his eyes landed on her face and he popped out the stick out of his mouth, then let out a joyous laugh.

“A group of kids rang the doorbell earlier and asked me to buy a bag of candies. I couldn’t say no to them and it will be a waste not to enjoy it.” He said with a shrug. “Do you want to taste it? It’s strawberry flavored.”

Naeun nodded right away when she learned it was strawberry flavored.

With that, she quietly anticipated for the CEO to conjure the bag of candies that he’s talking about but it never happened. Instead, Taemin stood up and cross the distance between the two of them and only stops when he’s a foot away from Naeun.

“Do you really want to taste it?” He asks again with a sly smile resting on his lips which the pregnant woman failed to notice.

“Eung. Give me one.”

Naeun laid down her palm to ask for the candy that she’s asking but something that she entirely did not expect happened instead.

Everything seems had gone in slow motion. She blinks curiously when the sly smile resting on Taemin’s lips grew into something more wicked. The guy removes the candy stick and licks his lips in the most playful way. Then in a swift motion, Taemin pulls her extended hand, causing for her to bump against his chest.