13: Willingness Divulged in Wine

Earthy scent hung on the air and a few drops of water cascade down on the sliding window, casting a thin streak of shadows over the floor.

Due to the heavy rain last night, the temperature is a bit low which caused for Naeun to snuggle closer to Taemin’s embrace and seek warmth. His arms are wrapped protectively over the woman and as he felt her squeezing herself further, he instantly adjusted his body for the sake of her comfort. And the mild lavender scent of her hair clings on his nose as he breathe in since his head is resting on top of hers.

He likes the feeling of having her on his arms so despite of being wide awake even before the sun peaked the skies, he remained lying next to her and watch her lovingly as she peacefully sleep.

Today is their last day in Jeju. Later at sundown, they are to bound the plane back to the city. They have one last place to visit before they go, which they should be at in a few hours, but seeing her looking so innocent and pure while she slumber made him don’t want to. He just want to let her get the rest that she deserves and he’ll just lay here beside her and stare at her for hours.

“Am I really that pretty for you stare at me that much?”

Taemin almost jump out of the bed when he suddenly heard the female’s voice which made Naeun laugh loudly upon opening her eyes. But as soon as she realize that it wasn’t a pillow that she’s hugging, her laugh died out in instant and she awkwardly remove her arms off him.

He scratch the back of his neck and said, “Have you just woke up or you’re just pretending to be asleep the whole time?”

She begin stretching her body on the bed without really minding that Taemin is watching her closely as he did earlier. Only when she’s satisfied when she answered, “I just did. But I am pretty sure that you’ve been staring at me for a long time, haven’t you?”

The guy realize the tease on her remarks so he decided to go with the flow. He turned his body sideways, facing the grinning woman on the left, and rested his head on his arm. He copied Naeun’s grin in a mocking way and chirped, “I do. I’ve been watching you the moment you wrap your arms around me like you don’t want me to leave. Has it been an hour? Oh wait, it’s more than that.”

Her blood skyrocketed on her cheeks when she heard him speak. No matter how much she wanted to argue, she just can’t especially that she woke up with her arms wrapped on his waist. It’s true so there’s no point of denying it though.

“What made you think that I don’t want you to leave, huh?” She scowled and put a pillow in between their faces so that Taemin wouldn’t see her reddening cheeks. “You should have left.”

“How could I?” He said and remove the pillow. “If you were like, ‘Oppa, I’m scared’, and you were crying like a baby. Tell me, how am I suppose to leave you alone?”

Naeun stilled as if she never heard the way the guy mocked her by copying how she looked helpless last night. Despite of his teasing, the worry and sincerity on his voice, especially on his last words, warms her heart big time. She is lucky—beyond lucky—for finding a man that treats her more than she could ever ask.

She was taken away from her own little world when the rustling of the covers filled the room as Taemin stood up. She watch him do his morning stretching and a small smile appeared on her lips.

“Can you cook us some breakfast?” She asked earning a surprise gasp from the guy.

“W-What? You know that we can always eat out.” He mumbled nervously. “Plus, there are a lot of restaurants that offers good meals out there. Why do you suddenly want to eat a homemade meal?”