04: Signs and Symptoms

Several weeks has already passed since the incident that happened between Taemin and Naeun. Being too caught up and currently at the peak of their respective careers, the two completely forgot about their little adventure during the night of the party.

The newly assigned CEO of the Lee Financial Group, Lee Taemin, has ever been busy since the time he was promoted.

LFG has been doing great since Taemin took over the highest position in the company and like what his father has predicted, the young man is ready enough to face the challenges of the business industry. Currently, he is known to be the youngest business leader and one of the most skilled CEO in the whole country. Also, under his supervision, LFG is able to expand and venture new fields in the business world.

Since taking the position, Taemin has been eyeing on investing on a film broadcasting company as well as  in the music industry which he quickly made possible within a short span of time.

Taemin arrived in LFG as punctual as always with his secretary, Kim Kibum, on his wake.

His workers admire his effective leadership that is why whenever he arrive and strode inside the company, he was always greeted by an ocean of smiling faces and polite bows.

"Kibum, what's my schedule for today?" Taemin instantly asked as he settle himself in front of his office table, already checking up the stacks of documents.

"You have a meeting with the head of the HR department this morning, sir, and for the afternoon, you are to meet Mr. Kim Jongin regarding the latest project after lunch." Kibum said attentively earning an approving nod from the CEO.

"Arasso. Kamsahamnida, Kibum. You may go."

​​​As his secretary left his office, Taemin let himself loose up a bit and exclaimed silently, "Another long day ahead."

Like the CEO, the month of May passed by like a bliss for Naeun and the said month was considered her busiest month yet to date.

After that she got featured as the cover of the U.S. based magazine, Harper's Bazaar, it marked a significant turning point for her modeling career. It opened up a lot of new opportunities both inside Korea and overseas. She received several calls and offers from high-end clothing brands and she also got invited to walk on multiple fashion events.

For the whole month of May up to the second week of June, all Naeun did was to bound the plane back and forth to meet all her schedules.

Even her normal Sundays that should be her day off turned out to be fill with schedule just like today. She have a special commercial shoot with a Japanese cosmetic brand later this day but she's feeling a little unwell. Her sleep was actually disturb because she suddenly got a little nauseated and all that she want to do is to sleep all day.

Her phone lit up and was instantly followed by the chirping of her ringtone. Lazily, she hit the green button to accept the call.

"Yeoboseyo?" Naeun mumbled softly as she roll over her bed into fetal position.

"Naeun-ah, have you just woke up? For heaven's sake, you're going to be late for your schedule today!" Her friend, Eunji, said through the phone and panic is already obvious on her voice. "Yah, I'm on my way to pick you up. Get your ass out of the bed! You've been like this since coming home from the States! Aish, jinja!"

"The shoot will start at twelve noon. It's only eight in the morning. Allow me to sleep a little more, arasso? And oh, can you buy me some chicken wings as well? I'll be happy if you put honey and add whip cream! I'm kinda craving for it. Gomawo!"

"Y-Yah, Son Naeun!!!"

Naeun stifled a yawn as she mumbled those words to her friend. Feeling her incoming retort, Naeun quickly push the 'end call' button then wrap herself up on the thick blanket and went back to her dreamland.