11: Together in Tranquility

"Date me. Or if you want to take things slowly then I will court you. Give me a chance to treat you like an empress, I will give you everything, I will cherish you and our child. Just give me a chance, Naeun-ah."

Naeun thought that there is something bizarre on how the guy gaze at her intently as if she's some sort of math equation that he is trying to analyze. Though despite of the intensity of the look Taemin gives her, she still found her chest thumping hard and fast. On the way he looks at her, Naeun can't help but feel like she's being shot by multiple cupid's bow.

Is he really this handsome? She wondered. Why is my heart won't calm down?

Since she was too lost on her own thoughts, she never noticed it when Taemin scooted closer to her and reached for her cold cheeks.

"Naeun-ah, I know that my sudden confession startled you but I'm not forcing you to give an answer." Taemin mumbled gently as he lightly caress her face. "I can wait. I will patiently wait."

Flustered, Naeun end up bobbing her throat as she looked at the beautiful man before her. She isn't sure if it just because of the golden lights from the setting sun but in her eyes, Taemin seems to be glowing that he almost resemble a Greek God. He looks ethereal especially with his lush lips parted slightly and she couldn't help but stare.

"Oppa... Why?" She said breathless. "Why are you saying such pretty words? Why are you making my heart beats like crazy? Why are you making me nervous? Why?"

Her silliness caused for the guy to laugh. "You're not only gorgeous but you can be cute as well. Ah, jinja. You're making me insane."

Her face flustered on his remark that she have to look away to hide her reddening cheeks and with a pout she mumbled, "I hate you, Lee Taemin!"

"Then I will make sure that soon, you'll finally say I love you." He said with grin.

Naeun bit her lips out of annoyance and angrily stomped her way out of the mat which made Taemin rose in panic. The guy even almost stumble on the sand but luckily, he regain his balance and caught the her by the waist.

"Hey, why are you leaving so sudden?" He asked gently. "Don't you like the sunset or am I being too annoying?"

The pregnant woman pursed her lips and with a sulk she replied, "Of course I love the sunset, watching it calms my tired body. And you're not being annoying. Well, you used to annoy me big time but I get used to it."

"Then why are you leaving?"

Taemin asked persistently and it made Naeun to sulk even more.

The truth is, she is just worried that if she continuously listen to his sugar-coated words, she will end up blurting something that she might regret sooner or later. If she ever keep on hearing his sweet talks, she will end up saying that she's being swayed by him. She thought that she has an impenetrable heart but it seems like the walls that she built around her heart falls apart whenever he's near.

"Because I might end up saying that I'm starting to like you too..."

Naeun whispered those to herself in the soft, almost inaudible voice yet the muted splashing of the waves and chirping of the sea birds did not prevented Taemin to hear every single words. It was his special talent. Seeing and hearing even the smallest things and right now, he is happy that he possess such gifts.

His heart was pounding hard on his chest. His cheeky grin returned on his flawless face and with all the bravery that he has, he twirl the girl around and securing her on his arms.

"I heard that." He chirped on a cheerful voice which made her eyes to bulged.

Naeun let out a nervous laugh and said, "Heard what? I d-didn't say any.. a-anything!"