05: Pregnancy and Proposal

Naeun made herself recover from both shock and the overwhelming emotions that drowned her earlier.

She quickly wiped the tears that cascaded freely down on her flawless face and she let several sighs to escape then decided to hold herself together.

Eunji has offered her a ride home but she knew that being a project manager means that her friend is occupied with countless of office works. She has troubled her enough for the whole day and she no longer want to add another source of headache for the girl. So despite of Eunji insisting, she had to decline.

On her way out of the hospital, she idle her phone to book a cab while gently clutching her still flat tummy, and that's when she saw a familiar face being flashed in the television. It was him, the young CEO of LFG, it was Lee Taemin and the sight of him caused her to stop fumbling on her iPhone to hear whatever stuff or bullshits being said from the news report.

A smug smile spread over painted lips when she heard what was the news flash is all about. "Another LFG expansion and being listed as top ten in Forbes, huh? Well congratulations, Mr. CEO. You just got yourself a child."

She said it with her smirk not leaving her face and erase the her address from the booking app and replace it with LFG's.

After several minutes, the cab finally arrived and she entered it with her chins held high.

Meanwhile at LFG, the CEO closed the thick file containing the recent reports about the expansion program of the company.

The clock just hit one o'clock and it is almost time for him to meet his bestfriend for the cross-company project with the Kim's Automobile Firm. With that, he neatly placed the brown envelope above his desk, fixed his already loosened tie, and went out of his building to go out.

Earlier, he received a phone call from Jongin and he was told that he wants to talk the project over late lunch so here he is, driving his Cadillac Escalade ESV out of the carpark to the nearest restaurant downtown.

He was a little bit relief that the road is not crowded with cars. Being stuck on a traffic jam is always his most hated part of driving and he was actually feeling glad that he never bumped into one today. In twenty minutes, he arrived at the said restaurant and talk to the receptionist about the reservation.

"Good afternoon, I reserved a VIP table for two under the name Lee Taemin."

The male receptionist quickly checked the said reservation then return to him with a polite smile and said, "Of course, please come this way, Mr. Lee."

Taemin followed the male and he was led into a secluded area in the far back of the restaurant.

As he settle himself on a seat, the receptionist skillfully attended his needs and fixed everything starting from the table napkin up to the menu, earning an approving smile from the CEO.

"Are you ready to order, sir?" The male asked and Taemin quickly nodded.

"Yes, I'll have today's special and please make it two. Thank you."

Upon taking the orders, the receptionist offered him a bow and left him on his own. Finally alone, Taemin pulled out his phone to message his friend who is still currently missing in action. It's either Jongin left his apartment late or he is stuck in a traffic.

The second option got him chuckling to himself. After he finished composing his text, he was about to hit 'send' but the door of the VIP room burst open.

The loud and sudden bursting of the door caught him off guard that he jump from his seat and threw his midnight green iPhone 11 Pro Max out of surprise. The phone gave out a loud cladding sound against the wooden floor and from his seat, he could see the wide crack on the screen.