08: Caring CEO

After the heart-warming check up with the doctor, both Taemin and Naeun found themselves in a very good mood.

Taemin quickly open the door of his Mercedes-Maybach for Naeun upon reaching the carpark earning a small smile from the female.

After seeing the baby with his own eyes, he realized that he should be taking an extra care with her especially that the OB mentioned that the first trimester in pregnancy is the most risky. The baby is so susceptible to danger which can lead to serious damage or, on the worst case scenario, miscarriage.

Although he thought that his child was not a fruit of their love, that the baby was formed only by accident, he still scared to lose it.

Being a Catholic, he consider it as a blessing from God that he never thought of aborting the baby because it is like taking away a precious life. It is mentioned on the Ten Commandments—the sixth, to be exact—and for him, abortion is an act of sin. The moment that Naeun said that it is his, he already claimed the responsibility as a father.

Once settled on the driver seat, he started the car but before moving he faced Naeun and asked, "Have you eaten lunch?"

The woman shook her head slowly. "I attended the meeting and I haven't had the time to eat since I will be late for the doctor's appointment."

Taemin's lips pursed on her response seemingly disappointed. It is almost two. A little bit late for lunch, although he too haven't eaten yet.

She should be eating on the right time, he thought.

"Where do you want to eat then?" He asked, looking directly on her sparkling eyes which made her a little conscious.

"A-Anything will d-do." She murmured and look away from him. "As long as it will not upset my stomach."

"How about in Alla Prima?" Taemin suggested which caused Naeun to inhale loudly out of surprise.

Naeun shifted on her seat to fully face the CEO. Luckily, Taemin has not started driving yet because if he did, the car might end up swaying on the road. He got distracted when the woman faced him especially that she's pouting too cutely. Apparently, he has a soft spot with everything that is cute.

"Yah, it's just lunch! That is too expensive for a meal. Fastfood would do, really." She said as she cross her arms over her chest.

Taemin chuckled a little before saying, "Arasso, arasso."

He then stepped on the gas and the car instantly starts moving, taking them both on the busy roads of Seoul. Since he is in a good mood, he is humming happily to himself while driving.

"And Naeun-ah​​​​​​?" He called softly without goancing her way.

Naeun, who is still pouting, was busy playing a game on her phone that the only answer that she made was, "Hmm?"

"Don't pout. You look so cute and it makes me want to pinch your cheeks."

Her character in the game died in an instant when she accidentally press the wrong button. She got distracted, so much distracted, with what Lee Taemin just said. She felt her face warming up as her blood rushed up.

Losing her interest with the game, she locked her phone up and hid away her blushing face away from Taemin.

Facing the windows she stuttered, "S-Shut up, Lee T-Taemin! Just focus o-on the r-road!"

And her silliness earned a healthy laugh from the CEO.

Just like he was told, Taemin drove off into a simple Japanese diner near her former condominium building.