06: Conditions and Circumstances

Naeun has been fuming with rage after the CEO has unmindfully proposed her to marry him for the sake of their child but instead of agreeing, she instantly turn him down angrily.

She is not into marriage yet especially that she's on the peak of her career, but whenever she tried thinking about it, she know that her fame will cascade down due to her pregnancy. She already know that by deciding to carry the child for months, she have to leave her work to focus on raising the baby and ensure its health. By doing that, she know that she have to let go of the opportunities that just have opened for her.

She throw her purse on the couch and irritatingly remove her beige rockstud Valentino pumps off then slump her tired body down.

Sighing, she massage her temple and tried remembering her crazy encounter with Lee Taemin.

"Then marry me! If you think living under the same roof is inappropriate for a 'single woman' like you then fucking marry me, Son Naeun!"

Taemin's voice rose a little which made her flinch but as she process his words, her eyes eventually bulged out of bewilderment.

​​​​​​"Oh my freaking gosh. Are you out of your mind?!" She exclaimed and cross the remaining distance between the two of them. Angrily, she pointed a finger over the CEO's chest and added, "I'm only twenty-six, and I'd rather die than to be married with someone I don't even love."

Taemin's eyes darkened with her remarks. She could also see that the CEO folded his hands into fist as if he's trying to remain composed. And with a voice so low he said, "No matter what you say, we are raising the baby together, Miss Son."

"Fine, whatever. But I still refuse to live with you."

Naeun flipped her long hair irritably and it missed only a few inch over the CEO's face. With that, she dashed out of the VIP room and left the restaurant without even throwing a last glance over her child's father.

Groaning, she stood up and went to the kitchen to try looking for something to eat upon hearing her stomach growl. She haven't eaten since the morning. She could spend the rest of the day without any meal at all but after knowing that there is a new life blossoming inside her, she was left with no other choice but to have her fill.

Naeun opened the fridge for her only to find jars of water and other beverages there.

It was emptied with foods, no left overs from her previous meals, no meats to cook, no fruits nor vegetables.

"Great! How do you expect to raise a child if you keep forgetting about your grocery? Well done, Son Naeun. Well done!" She sarcastically whispered to herself and closed the door of the fridge with too much force.

Her stomach did another angry protest due to her lack of meal so she proceed with checking the cupboards if there's anything else to eat. Still on her luck, she found a single pack of instant Jajangmyeon. Whistling, she reached for it with a smile and cook it.

At last, after half an hour of fumbling for food and cooking, Naeun finally settled herself on her glass dining table to eat.

But as soon as she took her first bite, she quickly end up throwing up on the kitchen sink after discovering that her noodles taste bad. She retched inexistent food and angrily turn the emptied pack and found out that the jajangmyeon was already expired since last... last month.

"The fuck." She hissed and marched back to the common room instead. But on the middle of her seating, her doorbell suddenly rang indicating that she has a visitor.

Her scowl deepen upon opening up the door because standing outside is no other than the person who caused her foul mood. Lee Taemin is standing outside the door, the father of her child is outside her unit, holding plenty of big plastics of takeout meals on one hand and fumbling over his broken phone on the other.