Childe oneshot Part 2

No additional TW for this one
---------

After accepting your new job, life really has taken a turn for the better. Now you don't have to worry about your next meal, a house or anything finacial.

The occasional traveling is less exhausting than you expected at first since you don't have to do it alone as you did during your goalless times but now you do it with something like a family. Eventhough Teucer is still unaware of the dangers his suroundings offer, you did take him to your heart.

Furthermore, Childe as a boss appears to be some sort of heavenly blessing. No strict rules, geneous payment, nice food and most importantly, a person who you can laugh with and who seems to genuinely understand you.

The only thing that can be considered bothersome is Childe's actual job. I mean toymaker did sound rediculus from the start but him ending up being one of the eleven harbringers of the Fatui was unexpected and a shock at first. But from that point on the cronical lying towards his little brother at least made sense because telling him about that would shattter Teucer's world view for sure.

Currently the three of you were on your way back to Liyue after a longer trip to Fontaine.

At your arrival you are greeted by some members of the Fatui or as Teucer sees them, other toymakers. They take your luggage and you go to the comfy little mansion Childe has near Liyue. From outside you wouldn't expect that somebody as rich as your boss posesses it. But from inside, hoo boy, you get afraid that one wrong step will cost you more than most people make in a  year.

'Still not used to it?', the older male interupts your train of thoughts.

'Nope and I will never. My rule always was: never touch something for which somebody else would kill me without hesitation.'

'But you do like it here, right?', the young boy chirps in.

'Of course, especially when the both of you are there with me.' You say petting Teucers head making both males react happily relieved.

Teucer runs ahead into his room leaving you alone with Chide.

'I am glad that I hired you back then. Who would have expected that the random traveler who just happened to be there when little Teucer is in danger ends up being like a big brother for him and a great partner for me.', Childe smiles at you.

'You're still flattering me too much. I am not that special. There are many people who could do this.'

'But the special place in my heart will stay reserved only for you, my little gem.'

It has been like this for a long time now. You have a normal conversation, he flirts, you don't get the hint and the conversation continues normally again. Partially Childe is at fault himself since he has the tendency to leave the person infront of him in the uncertainity wether if he actually likes or outright hates them. But of course, your oblivious nature towards things like this doesn't make it better but it has its charm in the harbringer's eyes.

Both of you sit down at the kitchen table and chat about the plans for the next few days while you wait for the food to be prepared by the servants.

'So, we have a meeting with Scaramouche tomorow? Yikes, everytime I see him it feels like he wants to rip of my head and spit on me afterwards. He does live up to the ideal of a chihuahua.'

Childe chuckels. 'Believe me, before he even gets to touch you he will be six feet under us.'

'Tecnically speaking, isn't he already that short? At least when you take off his hat.' No matter how much you feared Scaramouche, the jokes about his height never grew old.

Like that you dicuss the rest of the upcoming week until your food arrives.

'Teucer, food is ready! If you don't come down in two minutes there will be no dessert for you left ~'

...(time skip until after lunch)...

'Teucer, what do you think about having a chill afternoon today? I tell you some nice story and we sleep for  a couple of hours. You probably slept just as bad as I did tonight. How does that sound?'

'Do we also get to cuddle together?', the boy's eyes shine bright with hope.

'Of course, my highness Prince Teucer.', you bow before him.

'Do the two of you do that on purpose just so that I get jealous over here?', Childe smiles playfully.

'It isn't my fault that you have to work. I mean that is the main reason why I am here in the first place.'

Childe sights. ' Well, that's true. But make sure that the both of you have a blanket so that none of you catch a cold.'

'Yes sir!'

With that the two of you got ready for the cuddle-afternoon.

...(time skip untill you wake up)...

'Nothing beats a nice afternoon nap...'

You open up your eyes and see the little boy curled up next to you. You smile at him and try to stretch yourself without waking him up only resulting in you hitting our hand agains the edge of the table behind you.

Now you had to do your best not to curse the whole house and wake up Teucer.

You hear a chuckle at the other side of the room letting you tense up even further. Could it be that somebody broke in and now i's the day you finally messed up?

You try to find the third person in the room and when you spott them you are relieved.

'Pew, it's only Childe.
...
..
.
Wait that's not much better. I failed at my duty watching his little brother. Crap.'

He smiles at you with a dangerous glint in his eyes to which you answer with an akward smile. That is the smile that tells you that you messed up.

You push Teucer carefully aside without waking him up and follow Childe out of the room.

'You know what my problem is, right? Sleeping during work and not even noticing when somebody enters the room you're in. Anything could have happend during that time to Teucer or to you!'

'But... but all the doors and so on where locked. You only where able to enter because you have keys. And also, you didn't say anything against my idea of sleeping during the afternoon.', you try to defend yourself.

Childe sights but then bursts out in laughter. 'Oh god, you are so easy to scare....haha...Maybe I should do this more often so that I get to see that look on your face more often.'

'...You are not mad at me?' You are still uncertain wether he is joking or not.

He reaches out for you, only to to pet your head. 'Of coure not. How can I be mad at my little gem? Besides, even if you decided to take a nap on an open field there would nothing happen to you. After all, there are always people reassuring the safety of the both of you. It would be naive to just let you roam around without protection.'

In contrast to the sweet contend of the words his tone was dark and had a dangerous undertone.

He notices his change of demanour and switches quickly back to his usual self. 'Anyways, should we check on Teucer and join him? After all, cuddeling is nicer with more people who you like. Shall we, my little gem?'

---------------------------
And there we have the second part!
...should there be a third one?
Anyways, hope you enjoyed reading and stay healthy ~