Diluc x Childhood Friend! Reader Oneshot

Requested by Baby-Angel-Of-Light

Additional TW: kidnapping

I hope this is somehow what you wished for!

'How about we use the Windwheel Asters like this? That way your dress and your soon-to-be-husband's suit won't look so monotone

'How about we use the Windwheel Asters like this? That way your dress and your soon-to-be-husband's suit won't look so monotone.'

'Yes, that would be lovely. You really are one of the best tailors here in Mondstadt.', the woman happily smiles at you while observing herself in the mirror.

'Alright, I'll make the last preparations and then deliver you your order. I hope everything will go well for you.'

'If you want you can attend our wedding in two days.'

You think for a moment. 'I would have to check first if I have time then. I'll tell you later.'

She nods and leaves after having changed into her regular clothes.

'I wonder what she would have said if you told her that you aren't the tailor she believes you to be.'

You shrink. 'God Kaeya, don't do that again. My poor heart. How did you get in here in the first place?'

'The window in the back.', the knight shrugs. 'But I don't think that that's the problem. A certain someone is looking for you like crazy. Did you sneak away again without letting the highness know? Not only that - you're even working as a tailor again.'

'Well... originally, I only wanted to take a small stroll. But then one thing came to another and now I am temporarily watching over the tailor's shop. I guess that I have to close the shop for now or else Diluc will nag me for the rest of the day. just let me write an apologetic letter real quick...'

'Be happy that it is only nagging...', Kaeya mumbles.

'What was that?'

'Hurry or else he will insist that I am at fault again.'

Having finished the letter you pack your things and head outside. 'Alright, alright. No need to be so sappy. You always make it sound like Diluc is some kind of sensitive monster.'

'...'

'This again? Diluc isn't like that. He is caring, kind and calm. That impression of yours is only because of the brother-beef between you two. If you want I can mediate between you two. It has been so long since we didn't try that.', you pout.

'I am fed up with trying to explain this to you. This is something you two have in common: You're fúcking persistent in your believes. You wouldn't think of others as bad even if they killed someone in front of you. Tell him that from now I won't meddle with his business anymore. This isn't worth it.', he says and goes away, leaving you alone.

'I'm sorry...'

After having arrived back home in Diluc's mansion the hectic maids stop in their tracks.

'I will tell Master Diluc that they have come back.'

'And I'll prepare them tea.'

You sigh and sit down on a sofa. 'Same as always. They acknowledge my existence but never talk to me.'

A few minutes later the man with bright red hair rushes through the front door. 'You're back. Did something happen? You were nowhere to be found.'

'I went out for a stroll...'

He sits down next to your and starts petting your head, the calm expression on his face remaining. 'Without telling anyone about it? How many times do I have to explain this to you? The outside is dangerous. You know what kind of things can happen to angels like you. Those who are envious of that light try to steal it from you.'

You look down to the ground knowing well enough about what he is talking. Many years ago, when you were still kids, you once ran into a married couple around their 50s. Since the poor innocent you didn't suspect a thing, they managed to kidnap you. Turns out they weren't a married couple but criminals involved in human trafficking. Both Diluc and Kaeya were worried sick afterwards, like anyone would. In the end the Knights of Favonius were able to rescue you.

After some weeks everyone moved on from the incident, everyone but Diluc. The fact that you were his childhood crush, which is up today is unbeknown to you, made him more vulnerable to the fear of loosing you and never seeing you again.

The years passed and Diluc insisted more and more for you to stay around him. If the people around you didn't know any better they would assume that you and the red-haired man are married.

'Originally, I only wanted to walk close to the winery. But then I came across that famous tailor and since they knew me and had to attend some meeting in Liyue, they convinced to watch over their shop.'

Diluc sighs. 'So it's that again. I already told you just have to say what you need and I will give it to you. You don't need to work in a shop to make clothes. Too many potentially bad people can see you and kidnap you.'

'That's not the same! Tailoring is way more fun if you meet all kinds of people with different backgrounds and so on. That's what gives clothes their life and purpose. Making clothes for you is of course nice, but the variety is missing.', you look at him with pleading eyes.

'(Y/N)... I - ... I can't allow you that nevertheless. I can't stand the thought of going through everything that happened in the past all over again. Please.'

He gently takes your chin between his fingers and tilts your head in a way that forces you to look into his eyes.

'...Fine.', you give in.

Diluc slightly smiles and plants a kiss on your forehead. 'That's my angel. Thank you. Though if I think about, why did you decide to return in the middle of the day?'

'Ah right... Kaeya found me and told me that you were searching for me. And...', you stop remembering the dark-haired male's furious face.

'And?'

'...I think I made him angry. Like really really angry. He was accusing you of being a monster and since I know that that's not true, I defended you. After that he stomped away and told me to tell you that he won't meddle with your business anymore, whatever that is supposed to mean. I didn't wat to offend him...'

Diluc places you in his lap and hugs you. 'You did nothing wrong. He hates me for such a long time now. People like him persist on their blieves until the end.'

'That's the same thing Kaeya told me about Diluc and myself...'

'To take your mind off this, how about I'll tell the maids to make you your favorite cake?'

'If it doesn't bother them too much...'

'Wait cake? Wedding... cake...'

'I got an invitation to someones wedding. It is in two days and if you want you can come too.'

Your friend shakes his head. 'No. Attending a wedding is almost the same as working in a tailor's shop. No buts, understood?'

'Nothing ever changes in this house...'

'Don't worry (Y/N), one day you will get used to this kind of life one day. Here you are loved and safe from all the demons out there. Just stay here and let me protect you.'

I hate it when you are sick enough to suffer and not to be able to move around, but not sick enough to sleep through the day because the pain is too great

I hope you're doing better and that you enjoyed reading!