Kazuha x Master! Reader Oneshot

Requested by Anthea_Grace

I hope this is somehow what you wished for!

Additional TW: mention of murder

Two blades cross each other after which one falls to the ground

'If you're gonna move like that, you're going to be sliced in half in no time. I have seen better from you. Or are you perhaps doing this on purpose?'

A gentle smile graces Kazuha's lips. 'Such an act would be an insult to you. My skills simply can't match up to yours, Master.'

'In that case pick up your sword and concentrate better. Prove me that you have been training under my watch for all these years now. You can do that, right maple leaf?'

Kazuha blushes slightly but picks up his sword nevertheless.

'No nicknames from now on.'

The both of you fight again and this time the result is a draw.

'See, the difference in terms of strenght isn't as great as you think. Of course I am a bit weaker than usually with my broken hand, but considering that it isn't my dominant one, my disadvantage isn't too severe. Since this is the closest you got to winning against me, how about I pay for dinner today?', you grin at your student.

The platinum-haired male shakes his head. 'You don't really need to do that. A simple meal is sufficient for me. And besides, no matter what we get served in an inn, the taste of the meal never comes close to the level of yours.'

You sigh. 'I guess I'll never understand why you favor my cooking so much... Oh well, if that's what you want. Just give me some time to prepare it, alright?'

'If you need help-'

'No need for that. You're not forced to stick around me all the time. Enjoy your free time.', you interrupt Kazuha.

'Are you getting tired of my presence, Master?' Kazuha's usual gentle expression is completely neutral.

'N-no, that's not it. It is just that I noticed that you barely had any contact with people beside me. Of course you're my student and all so that is rather normal, but I thought that you might like to have some longer conversations with the others.'

He stares at you for a moment and then returns to his normal self. 'You're right. I will return in an hour if that is fine with you.' He waves you goodbye and heads in the direction of the city.

You exhale in relieve. 'Believe me, you really need the change in scenery. You are bright and strong, but your little crush on me hinders you from further greatness... or even simple inner peace. Maybe you'll understand my concern one day... Oh well, time to cook as promised!'

Half an hour later, the meal is prepared and a delicious smell lingers in the air. The aroma of mushrooms is mixed with other things like mint and fish and together they create a confusing harmony.