Albedo oneshot

Additional TW: death
------------

'Do you sometimes ask yourself waht could be up there?'

'Why should I? There is no use to think about something that is out of reach.'

'But isn't that the fascinating part about it? To dream about something unreachable becoming reachable one day?'

'Sure, whatever.'

You take another grilled mushroom from the campfire beside you. You and your friend (F/N) are taking a break after an exausting request. The two of you are adventurers who do jobs which require time and some guts.

The most common question you get asked is: 'How come that young aduldts that different from each other get the idea to work together?' It may be that both of you have completly different views on the world with them being down-to-earth and you sometimes having your head in the clouds. Besides that, the two of you are similar to each other and get along well.

'How much mora do we have now?'

You take out the box where your whole salary lays in and count its content.

'Exactly 78,204 mora.'

Your friend humms in response.

You could spend your whole life just doing this: Traveling, fighting, eating and having a well-earned rest but as everything nice has its end, yours has it too.

'RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!' Treasure hoarders. Way more than the two of you can take.

'What the... Ok, don't panic. Think of a plan or something. Just don't freak out.'

Before you can think of something your friend stands up. 

'(F/N), think befo-'

                      'Before I act? Everything is well planned, even the smallest details. Now hand over the money.'

'What-'

'I said HAND OVER THE MONEY. You heard it right. This is a dead end. Don't make it harder than it is.'

Confusion settles on your face.

'This is part of their plan... right?'

'A- alright. Here it is.' You hand over the mora the two of you worked hard for without resistance. You search in your friend's face for a sign what the next step is supposed to be. That questioning search doesn't go undetected by your friend.

They shake their head. 'No, you don't get it, do you? There is no next step, at least for you.'

'Or to put it simple, you are betrayed.', one of the men around you speaks up.

Out of desperation you try to reach your friend, only to be shot down.

Tears fall down your face as your world turns black.

'Life isn't made of cotton candy. People like you will always end up getting used by people like me. But hey, see it this way: Now you can finally see whats beyond the sky.'

With that you take your last breath and let the darkness engulf you.

Your nose tickels. You open your eyes and are welcomed by a crystal butterfly sitting on your nose.

'Is this... my afterlife?'

Lifting your head and the rest of your upper-body you feel no pain, not even a twitch. You check your clothes for any signs of you dying. It is hard to tell wether if you did bleed or if you only have been shoved into a dirt hole since you hardly can make out your actual skin color under the thick layer of mud.