Xingqui x Silent! Reader Oneshot

Additional TW: stalking, kidnapping(?)

There you are, reading another book in a corner of the library

There you are, reading another book in a corner of the library. Most people got used to your presence. Nobody knows who you actually are and what your name is, but since you never caused any problems nobody complained.

Because of this, people started spreading rumors about you. In some versions you're a refugee who has seen tragedy, while in others you aren't even alive. No matter which of those rumors they believe, everybody treats you in a kind way.

Only one citizen isn't satisfied with the numerous vague theories is a certain blue-haired male. Ever since he first saw you completely engrossed with the books around you, interest sparked in his chest.

Using his recourses, Xingqui learned everything he could about you from your daily routine to basic things like your favorite color and so on.

But anything concerning your past remains unknown. The fact that there are no traces left of anything that happened before you moved to Liyue raises the bookworm's suspicion. What if you're not as innocent as you seem? Or what if you have to hide from your past to ensure your safety?

Each of those options is worse than the other as they endanger a possible relationship with his crush.

Xingqui picks up another book witch could interest you. His knowledge about you isn't purely based on stalking - you both are something like friends as you both share a passion for books.

The male approaches you. 'Hello my liege. Do you mind if I keep you company?'

No reaction at all.

'I brought a fascinating book which you most likely have not read yet. It is fresh from the bookstore.', he holds up he expensive piece of literature.

You remove some of the chaos around you so that your friend can sit down next to you.

'You have my gratitude.', he says and sits down on the now free spot.

The pleasant time together is mostly quiet in exception to some occasional questions and comments from Xingqui.

At late evening, both of you depart from the library and go home by yourself.

Plopping down on your small bed you look at the ceiling.

'How can somebody be so persistent to befriend another person who never utters a single word? I mean I could talk to him but that would be hella weird because everyone believes that I am mute. Eh, Xingqui has just a questionable taste. That's his problem, not mine.'

You put aside your thoughts and decide to sleep.

Meanwhile, in another house, an infatuated boy debates what to do next. He does know that he will never get any closer to you than he is now if he sticks to rather normal methods.