Home

Sheldon had come into the hotel room that night in a bad mood. He only wanted to go to sleep and since Raj had returned to his own bed, Sheldon slept in that bed. Leonard and Penny had apparently made up. Carly however was disappointed that they wouldn't be sharing a bed again. She had thought after the night before and how far they had gotten, it would have changed Sheldon's mind about the sleeping arrangements.

Carly didn't want to argue and she had no chance to ask him what had made him upset during the day. He had said hello to her and was in his bed by the time she had come out of the bathroom in her night gown. She climbed into her bed and fell asleep; wondering what was going on with her boyfriend.

The last day was full, they had only a few hours before they had to board the plane back to Pasadena and they were making the best of it. Well in a way. Penny had taken the girls to the mall to go last minute shopping while they were on the east coast and the guys attended a press conference at Comic Con. So Carly had no time to ask what had been bothering Sheldon the day before. Although the next morning it had seemed that he was back to his normal self and had kissed her on the cheek before parting with her that morning.

Soon they were packed and on the plane, heading back home. Carly sat next to Sheldon, his eyes wide the whole time just like they had been on the flight to Pennsylvania. He held her hand the whole time, tightly she might add, and it took a while before she finally fell asleep. Her head fell on his shoulder as he tried to redirect his attention from being up really high in the Earth's atmosphere to the movie that was being played.

Sheldon sighed, giving up on attempting to watch the terrible movie, and took his headphones off. He glanced down, seeing Carly sleeping peacefully against his shoulder. He smiled to himself, feeling comfortable with their hands interlocked and her sleeping next to him. His feelings for her surprised him and the more they spent time together, the more he was feeling them. Especially, when they had been in bed that night. He had touched her, with no clothes on. And nothing terrible had happened. He wasn't particularly fond of getting the hicky but he had enjoyed himself to no end receiving it.

He frowned, thinking about what he was doing with her. They were experimenting with each other, getting closer and closer than he had thought he would ever get someone. He had never been able to just lose control like Carly made him do. It was frightening but enthralling at the same time. What if the next time they got caught up in each other that they ended up having intercourse? Oh god, what would his mother say? Would she be so mad that she would disown him? He couldn't think like that. It would make him manic, but what if his mother did? Maybe he should speak with her first, get her opinion. He knew what she would say though. She had been saying it from day one. Intercourse before wedlock was a sin in her eyes. And even if he hadn't ever had to worry about that until now, he realized he didn't believe in that. He didn't want to marry Carly…or did he? Of course he liked her more than anyone he had ever met before. And he was obviously and surprisingly sexually attracted to her. But did he love her?

He hadn't even thought about that. But he needed to.

After saying goodbye to Raj, Howard, and Bernadette, the last three were soon in their own apartments, shaking off the excitement that they had felt for the last four days. Leonard and Penny had said a very long goodbye in the hallway while Sheldon made a bee line for his bedroom.

Sheldon sighed happily, his body relaxing at the atmosphere of his room, as if he had been tense the whole time they had been gone. He immediately began to unpack but was interrupted by Leonard appearing in his doorway.

"Hey Sheldon, I just wanted to say sorry for making those comments the other day. I didn't mean to make you mad," he said, leaning against the door frame after Sheldon turned to look at him.

Sheldon pressed his lips together at the memory, wishing to forget about it all together. "No need to apologize, it's true what you said."

Leonard raised his eyebrows behind his thick black glasses and shifted against the door frame. "It is?"

Sheldon began to feel his familiar uncomfortable emotion when his personal self was being pried into. He nodded curtly. "Yes, Carly and I have had sexual encounters, but no, we haven't had coitus."

Leonard refrained from smirking; Raj had been right with what his assumptions were. "Well either way, Sheldon, I shouldn't have announced it like I did. It wasn't right of me to do."

Sheldon nodded. "I agree. Please abstain from doing it again," he replied, going back to his suitcase.

Leonard nodded in agreement and pushed himself off the door frame to stand up straight. "I won't…." Leonard smirked. "You hound dog you," he mumbled and disappeared down the hallway.

Sheldon glared to the door frame, seeing that Leonard was gone. But that did remind him of an important phone call he needed to make, no matter how hard it was going to be. If things were going to progress between him and Carly and he sure hope it did, he would have to set some things straight with his mother.