Nice Skin?

Chapter 2: Nice Skin?

It had been two whole weeks since Carly met everyone and they all were getting to know each other as well as becoming fast friends. Carly spent more of her time with Penny, as they seemed to click the easiest. Penny and she had gone out shopping at one point and Carly ended up buying some tops she would have never considered had she been by herself.

Leonard and Penny had also gotten together. Carly had heard of their past get togethers, and still found it to be an adorable pairing. Bernadette did hang out with Howard more often than not, but she had spent time together with Penny and Carly as well. Raj still didn't talk to her and she wished she could help him feel more comfortable.

And then there was Sheldon. He had taught her how to play Halo 3 and just as he had said, they won each game, much to the dismay of the other players. Since Carly spent most of her nights with them, she was becoming used to spending time with Sheldon. They did their laundry together each Saturday night; both enjoying each other's company. Sheldon would speak about nonsense things and Carly was surprised to find that she was learning a lot by just being around him. However, some of the time though she would just smile and agree with what he said, not at all understanding what he was saying when he began talking about science.

Carly soon saw the vulnerability in Sheldon and how he reacted towards others. He didn't understand things out of his comfort zone and he would come off as a jerk, but Carly knew that he wasn't. The others didn't seem to understand that - instead, misinterpreting his words like she had to begin with and mocking him.

She found he was quite funny as well, if you understood his humor. It also didn't go unnoticed by her that he was handsome. His smile was adorable and he got excited over the silliest things. There was a twinkle in his light blue eyes whenever he was about to speak about something he knew or found interesting. And Carly couldn't help but find that his choice in t-shirts was endearing.

oO0Oo

It was a Tuesday night and the gang was all around a table at the Cheesecake Factory, where Bernadette and Penny worked. Penny chose to be their waitress and Bernadette had the night off so she was sitting next to Howard. Carly found herself sitting in-between Leonard and Sheldon, so she couldn't have been happier.

When they had all got their food and began eating, Leonard spoke up. "So I was over at the comic book store earlier today and Stewart said that he would give us a discount on Comic Con tickets. Isn't that awesome?"

Howard and Raj grinned and were chatting to Leonard excitedly, but Sheldon interjected. Like usual. "Hold on! You mean you went to the comic book store without me?" he looked completely appalled at Leonard.

Leonard shrugged uncomfortably under his roomemate's gaze. "Yeah... I needed to go pick up my Ultimate Spiderman book before someone else took it."

"That's why they have subscriptions, Leonard. How many times have I told you? That way on new comic book night Wednesday, we all can go pick up all our new ones at the same time since Stewart had put them back for us," Sheldon explained.

"That is true, Leonard. Raj and I have had subscriptions for a while now," Howard said, raising his eyebrows up at his friend from across the table. Raj nodded.

"I have been meaning to, I just keep forgetting when I go in there," Leonard explained, shifting in his seat.

Sheldon shrugged in hopeless defeat. "Well if you keep forgetting, then you will be out of luck and new comic book-less."

Leonard glared up at Sheldon but Sheldon was on a new subject now and had turned to Carly, who had been eating uncomfortably in between Leonard and Sheldon.