Costumes?

Carly woke the next morning, momentarily forgetting where she was since she didn't recognize any of the interior of the room. She sat up, rubbing her eyes and blinking rapidly to adjust them to the light. The sight of many boxes of comic books jogged her memory and the events from the night before came flooding back to her.

Her cheeks burned with embarrassment and she looked to the other side of the bed to see Sheldon no longer there. His side of the bed was made up as he apparently tried to make it neat without waking her. She couldn't help but smile at the thought of spending the night with him. And the thought of him not objecting to what she had done to him made her smile further.

She heard voices and she climbed out of bed, quickly making her part of the bed before spinning to the door. She stopped abruptly though, the motions causing her to feel nauseated. She had drunk a lot at Penny's and she was a fool to think she would have no affects the day after. She swallowed and walked over to the door, opening it and pushing her way through. She crossed her arms as she entered the main living area, spotting Sheldon sitting in his spot on the couch, eating a bowl of oatmeal, watching TV, and wearing a dark blue plaid bathrobe.

Leonard saw her enter and he smirked into his coffee mug, wearing a red bathrobe. "Good morning, Carly," he said.

Carly blushed, catching his tone and she glanced down as she stepped off the small stair and into the living room. "Hi," she said quietly. "May I have some? I am hoping it will make my belly stop feeling like it's going to spill out everywhere."

Leonard laughed and gestured to the coffee pot behind him. "Sure."

"You're sick?" Sheldon asked loudly, his voice holding deep concern.

Carly glanced up at him as she poured coffee into a mug. "Uhm, no, just a bit nauseated from the large amount of alcohol I consumed last night," she said, making Leonard chuckle.

Sheldon made an 'O' with his mouth. Leonard smiled to her as she stood next to him behind the counter. "Don't worry. It'll pass."

Carly smiled back at him and took a drink of the coffee, feeling her body rejuvenate from the caffeine. She felt Leonard's eyes on her and her own eyes lifted to meet his. He looked down with a smirk and he moved his glasses up his nose before speaking. "So you spent the night, hunh?"

Carly blushed, trying not to choke on her coffee that she had just taken another drink of. "Um…yes…"

Sheldon took that opportunity to intervene. "Yes, she did. However that doesn't make it okay to harass or embarrass my girlfriend. You let Penny spend the night in here for more than one occasion and before that, it was Priya. And before that, it was Penny—"

"Yes Sheldon. I know who I let spend the night with me," Leonard said rolling his eyes before smiling at Carly. "I'll leave you two alone. I need to go get ready for work."

Carly smiled back at him and watched him leave before frowning and looking at the digital clock on their stove. "6:30? You guys get up this early to go to work?" she asked Sheldon as he walked behind her to wash out his bowl.

"Yes, every day since we've lived here I have gotten up at 6:15 and ate breakfast while watching Dr. Who," Sheldon explained.

Carly turned to look at him, suddenly becoming aware of how awkward it was to be around him now. "Thanks Sheldon, for letting me spend the night. It was nice of you," she said with a forced smile.

Sheldon turned the water off and spun around to look at her. "No problem. I'll admit it was nice having you there next to me."

Carly arched an eyebrow at his words, surprised at his confession. "Really?"

Sheldon thought for a moment before nodding. "It's shocking to me too, trust me," he said as he continued on his way out of the kitchenette but was caught by the arm by Carly.

He turned and looked down at her questioningly, seeing her grin. "Can I have a morning kiss?" she asked playfully.

Sheldon bit the inside of his cheek, conflicting thoughts running through his mind. "After we brush our teeth," he nodded.

Carly let go of his arm and pouted, but nodded. "That's understandable. Well I will let you go get ready for work. I'm gonna go back down to my apartment."

Sheldon turned to face her fully. "Okay," he said, his voice becoming quieter as she saw thoughts flash through his eyes.

"What?" she asked, tilting her head and looking up at him.

Sheldon shrugged. "I enjoyed last night…." He murmured, looking away from her awkwardly.

She bit her lip to stop from grinning. "Me too, Sheldon."

Sheldon still looked uneasy but he nodded, a small smile gracing his features. She lifted up and kissed him on the cheek. "I'll see you later, okay? Have a good day at work."

Sheldon nodded, feeling the tingles on his cheek where her lips were. He wished they had already brushed their teeth so he could kiss her properly, but hygiene came first. He watched her smile and placed her coffee mug in the sink before heading towards the door and leaving behind it.

Carly sat on Penny's bed as Penny went through her closet, throwing outfits out on the floor. Carly stared down at them, playing with the hem of her purple knee length dress. "I dunno, Penny. Are we really going to do this?"

Penny sighed, turning around and crossing her arms. "I know. It's completely ridiculous."

"I'll say," Bernadette stated as she sulked in a chair against the wall.

"Well it's our own fault. We chose to date these guys," Penny said with a roll of her eyes, leaning on one hip.

"That's true, we knew what we were getting into," Bernadette replied, sighing and leaning back in her chair.

"But costumes?" Carly asked with a grimace.

Penny leaned her head to one shoulder with a smile. "It's just four days. Maybe it will be fun?" She said, trying to lift all of their spirits, walking over and sitting next to Carly on the bed.

"We have to wear costumes," Bernadette repeated, sounding just as put out as Carly.

Penny groaned. "I know! I had to dress up with them before when we all went to a New Year's Eve party at the comic book store."

"Why did you have to wear costumes?" Carly asked, looking back at her.

Penny shrugged. "There was a costume contest and my kinda sorta boyfriend wanted to go with the guys."

Bernadette grinned. "Who did you have to dress up as?"

Penny glared at her, "Wonder Woman. And it was the worst costume I have ever worn in my life. I had to wear a wig!"

They all sighed, thinking hard about if they really wanted to do this or not.

Carly bit her lip and shrugged. "We might as well now, we already told them and they are all excited."

Penny nodded in defeat, standing up and going back over to her closet.

"Do we even know what we are going to dress up as?" Bernadette asked, glancing between Carly and Penny. She had no idea what kinds of girl superheroes there were.

Penny shrugged. "Go get my laptop, we'll think of something."

Bernadette nodded and stood, sighing again as she walked out of the room.

"Comic Con better be as exciting as they all say it is," Penny commented.

Carly nodded in agreement. "I had to take 4 days off of work for this."

"So did I sister," Penny stated, grabbing a handful of clothes and placing them in her suitcase.