Mrs. Cooper

After spending the night with Sheldon on the train, things were kind of different between them. Carly found herself sitting closer to Sheldon and Sheldon was holding her hand more in public. He had even kissed her on the cheek in front of their friends. Not that Carly was complaining.

Carly, Bernadette, and Penny grouped together to start planning for the wedding. Howard and Bernadette had set the date and the girls had lots to do. They were going to be going dress shopping, but first thing was first, Carly had to meet Sheldon's mother.

It had been a week already, and Carly didn't know what she was more nervous about: The fact that she was meeting Sheldon's mom or the fact that afterwards sex was on the table. She had informed the girls of this and they had been surprised but supportive. They both told her that Mrs. Cooper was a sweet woman but could be stern when she wanted to be, but they had no idea how she would react to Carly since Sheldon had never had a girlfriend before. But they had reassured her that Mrs. Cooper couldn't not like her, Carly was a sweetheart herself, which made Carly blush at the compliment.

…And about the sex part, they were happy for Carly but also repulsed by the idea of Sheldon having sex with anyone, which made Carly laugh.

Carly had taken her time down in her apartment to get ready for the dinner they were supposed to be having over at Leonard and Sheldon's apartment. She was supposed to be there at 7 and it was 6:55. Carly knew that Mrs. Cooper was over there with everyone, since Sheldon had texted her to tell her that his mom had landed at the airport. They had invited Penny, Raj, Howard, and Bernadette to make it less awkward for Carly, which she was relieved about but, she was still incredibly nervous.

She had straightened her hair with shaky hand and had changed clothes five times. She had reluctantly decided on an outfit that she had before Penny had helped her out on her wardrobe. It was simple, just a long sleeved light blue dress that reached her knees. She threw on a beige sweater for comfort more than warmth and stared at herself in the mirror. She hadn't put on any makeup although she had been conflicted with the idea. Her spots were going away but she still felt self-conscious.

Carly glanced up at the clock, seeing that she had 2 minutes to get up to the fourth floor and she exhaled, realizing she had to do this whether she liked it or not. She flattened her hair once more before leaving her apartment in some white flats, and trudged her way up to 4a.

After her first knock, Sheldon answered the door and his smile grew to a grin at the sight of her. "Carly! Wonderful! Come on in," he said brightly, taking her hand and leading her into the room.

Carly's face was red; she could feel it, especially when she was pulled away from Sheldon into the arms of Mrs. Cooper.

"Oh sweetie! You are beautiful! Shelly's description of you didn't do you justice," Mrs. Cooper's Texan accented voice spoke into Carly's ear before she pulled her away to look at her at arms' length.

"Thank you," Carly mumbled, glancing down uncomfortably away from Mrs. Cooper's blue eyes that were the exact replica of Sheldon's.

"Excuse me, I told you exactly how she looked," Sheldon defended himself, trying to pull his girlfriend back to him.

Mrs. Cooper rolled her and smiled at her son. "Yes, yes, dear," she said dismissively and then pulled Carly over to the couch, careful not to sit either of them in Sheldon's spot. "Now Carly, Shelly tells me that you are a librarian."

Carly nodded, forcing a smile on her face. "Yes ma'am."

"Oh now, don't be so formal hun, call me Mrs. Cooper," she said, looking around the room, "Everyone else does. " She smiled at Carly's nod and then proceeded. "Now did you go to University for that?"