Chapter 4

They all snapped back to reality when they saw the boy frightened as he asked where he was; Dumbledore excused both James and Lily so that he and McGonagall would talk to the boy.

They were reluctant at first but agreed after giving some thought, they left the hospital wing minute later for their professors to talk to their future son.

After they Albus and Minerva started talking to him "Hello my dear boy what is your name?" Dumbledore asked in an approachable and calm tone "m-my n-n-n-name I-is H-H-Harry, Harry P-p-potter s-sir, wh-wh-where a-am I?" he asked reluctantly "well Harry you're in Hogwarts" Minerva answered him "what a-are are you g-going t-to d-d-do t-to me?" Harry asked fearfully crawling to the head of the bed with tears piling upon his eyes while shaking in fear "Don't worry my dear boy was not going to hurt you" Dumbledore assured him "t-they all s-say that b-b-but I k-know y-your l-lying they all lie like my uncle" Harry replied curling himself into a ball crying.

Albus and Minerva looked at each other thinking the same thing: ''Merlin what have they done to him.'

"I can assure you, Harry, that we are of no threat to you" Minerva calmly told him, but still did not calm him down so they asked Madam Pomphrey to guard him while they discuss what their approach will be.

It was after the first period James and Lily were finally out of their last class for the morning which was care for magical creatures, as they passed the Great Hall, they were confronted by their friends Remus, Sirius, Marleen, and Alice. Their friends shouted to get their attention and rushed to them, they were immediately bombarded with questions about James asking Lily to Hogsmeade and how Sirius lost the bet, James asked were Peter or aka Wormtail was, they replied with "he said he needs to do something important or whatever."

James and Lily wanted the conversation to end so that they could go see their future son in the hospital wing so they both quickly told them that they needed to go. When they left it left their friends suspicious, but quickly shrugged it off and headed for the great hall for lunch.

Madame Pomphrey was having trouble giving him some replenishing potions seeing that he is still scared.

James and Lily arrived at the Hospital wing with questioning looks "professor what's wrong is he alright?" Lily asked, "well we tried to calm him down a bit but uh," Dumbledor said letting out an exasperated sigh "he doesn't trust you, doesn't he?" James asked earning him head shakes from both McGonagall and the headmaster "is it ok if my and Lil's try professor?" James asked "I don't see why not he is your son," Minerva told him, Dumbledore agreed and let the two talk with him.

James and Lily opened the door with caution so that they wouldn't frighten him "Hi there Harry" James greeted with caution, Harry tensed when he heard his voice, but quickly relaxed to see the man and woman who saved him, he quietly said hi as a greeting with a small smile.

"My name is James and this girl right there is Lily" James introduced, smiling genuinely, Lily smiled and waved as both sat on both ends of their son's bed "Harry can I ask you something?" James asked, sweetly which Harry hummed in response, "do you know magic?" James asked, Harry, was confused by the question but quickly shook his head and said, "Uncle Vernon said that there is no such thing as magic."

James was crushed at his answer, his last connection with his son gone because of his prat of an uncle, he wanted to ask a question, but Lily gave him a look that said don't do it please, he quickly obeyed and turned to his future son with a smile.

"Harry, can you please drink this?" James asked as he reached for the bottle of nourishment potion, Harry was hesitant but quickly smelled it, it had a horrible smell he immediately thought of poison. He hesitantly gave James the bottle saying no as he buried his body into the pillows.