Chapter 12

A few days had passed since their parents know about Harry, which made today Hogsmeade day meaning spending a day with James alone since Sirius and Marleen openly offered to babysit Harry for them, because as days had passed, they started to act like their parents to Harry which was good and but daunting at the same time.

Lily wore the house scarf with a plain white shirt and a short red knitted jacket with 2 brown buttons holding it together and long black leggings with white sneakers with brown no-show socks, she did not style her hair as she liked how her hair moved freely in the wind but wore a small red barrette on her head while her face had a light touch of make-up showing her natural beauty.

James was speechless when he saw her by the entrance as she stared at the outside waiting for him, it was as if in slow-motion Lily turned to him as her eyes locked towards him, she smiled brightly and waved at him, he walked towards her and offered his arm which she gladly accepted.

Lily was simply captivated by James, during the last few days she could see why she fell in love with him, he was kind, sweet, selfless, and handsome, he may be a toe-rag sometimes but was in a sense funny; she then saw James's clothes which was composed of a denim jacket with a white shirt under it, a lighter shade of blue denim pants with sneakers, with his usual black untidy hair and black round glasses.

They enjoyed the carriage ride to Hogsmeade as they were completely alone with nature as their companions as leaves fall gracefully into the ground which is almost changing since it is autumn season, and birds chirped happily in the trees.

After the long quiet carriage ride, they have gone to Honeydukes first to restock on their sweets and for Harry, like Fizzing Whizbees, Pumpkin Pasties, Chocolate frogs, and Cauldron Cakes; after restocking their sweet supplies they have gone to Dervish and Bange's because Lily needed to restock some dragon scales for potions and James was out of Thaumatagoria; then gone to Scriven shaft's Quill Shop to buy more ink.

They felt thirst after shopping and turned to the three broomsticks, they could have gone to Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop, but they felt disgusted just hearing the name, after some minutes of walking they finally reached the Three Broomstick they quickly got a nice spot near the window and ordered butterbeer and food which they shared joyfully.

After eating they went to the shrieking shack, this was the first time Lily has gone to the shrieking shack because students said that it was haunted which was false as she saw Remus transform into his werewolf form since 6th year with James, Sirius, and Peter turn into their animagus forms as they dragged him to the shrieking shack where they rest after fighting him.

They were alone in the shack with no one to come and intervene, after almost 30 minutes of uncomfortable silence Lily spoke "James can I ask you something?" she questioned, James who is now completely nervous scratched the back of his head and turned to her shyly facing her "w-what is lily flower" he asked, he was expect questions about the shrieking shack but instead the question made his heart race and made him sweat on his forehead, "what are we, I know it's a silly question but I just have to ask, what are we James?" she asked shyly as she blushed in embarrassment facing on another direction not meeting his gaze, James quickly got himself together telling himself to not screw this chance up and answered "lily can I ask you something?" he asked her which she nodded 'here goes nothing' he thought, he built up his courage before continuing and told her "ever since our first year in Hogwarts I have been madly in love with you I would always try to act cool for you to get your attention, to the point that I have to tease you for it, these past few days made me realize how much you mean to me seeing our fate, but I know by looks like it paid off seeing our future son it made me have hope even if death greeted me at least I know I loved the most beautiful girl in the world, and truth be told you were always my first and only love, I never looked at anybody else except you so will you Lily Evans be my girlfriend." James said in a comforting voice and smiled sincerely at her.

James's question made her melt; she cupped his face with his left hand feeling his rough yet soft skin and his handsome yet boney jaw which made him look at her beautiful green eyes as it shined like jewels in the sun.

"James Fleamont Potter you are the most annoying person in the world" James sighed at his attempt but quickly shot up as she said the word but which gave him a glimmer of hope "but you are the kindest, sweetest, and selfless person I know and I love you, not just because of Harry but because of me and me alone, I burn for you James ever since you defended me from Sev, i dismissed these feelings at first thinking that it might pass but never did, it actually took me 2 years till Harry showed up to admit my feelings for you James, I didn't know till now that i longed for those charming lips of yours" she confessed which made James the happiest man alive "then kiss me my Lily flower," he said to her seductively in her ear giving her his signature Potter smirk, she playfully rolled her eyes and smiled as she grabbed the shirt and pulled him towards her and smacked his lips with hers which he hungrily returned, they felt passion as their lips joined together, their tongues intertwined as they tasted each other's mouths, while their minds went blank as they only focused on the moment alone.

After a minute of kissing, they broke off to catch their breaths, their foreheads touched as they looked down smiling at what they had done, a pair of soft brown eyes met with the pair of elegant green as they savored each other's faces, "so does that mean you accept?" he asked, waiting for an answer, Lily nodded in response saying yes, which made James the happiest man alive.

They were about to kiss again but quickly heard the shrieking shack open, they separated quickly to see Sirius and Marleen without Harry, they shouted as they asked where their future son was and Marleen answered them by saying "don't worry Lil's he's with Remus and Alice they'll be fine," a wave of relief rushed to them as they slumped into one of the couches in the shrieking shack; they stayed there for 2 hours before going back to the castle. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: thank you all for reading the latest chapter of Jily and Harry: Cost of Love, and thank you all for the reads because we reached 150 reads already YEY!😍🎉🎂 

           please continue to support this book and don't forget to follow, vote, and comment about this book if you want.

Disclaimer: all the characters in this book belongs to J.K Rowling