Chapter 10

The Great Hall was buzzing with whispers of gossip and speculation which circled from the hallway going to The Hall.

James, Lily, and her friends noticed this even Harry as they felt eyes looking at them as if it stared into James and Lily's soul and it felt uncomfortable.

When they reached The Great Hall the gossip intensified, as they entered everybody looked in their direction.

There was an eerie silence that enveloped the hall before they rushed to James, Lily, and Harry like a stampede of centaurs and asked them about Harry and what's going on with them; James and Lily tried to answer all of their questions without them knowing about their fate and about that the boy in the future, but to no avail, until Dumbledore came in and shooed all the students around them telling them their frightening the boy, they quickly saw the boy quivering in fear behind Lily who was now enveloped in a hug as he was carried by her while James got in front to protect them.

They dispersed quickly after apologizing to them and went back to their seats.

After breakfast, Harry went back to Dumbledore's office while the 6 of them went to their first class of the day, double DADA with Ravenclaw which was James's favorite subject other than Transfiguration.

After Defense Against the Dark Arts class, it was lunch, they packed their things quickly and went to The Great Hall except for James who was staring at a piece of paper; Sirius asked what is wrong with him which he said the word nothing and quickly rushed out of the classroom earning him worried looks from the 5 as they go grab some lunch.

The day was finally done as their last class with Professor Flitwick ended Lily already missed her future son but was quickly hit by realization as she asked herself 'what am I and James does this mean we're dating?' She pondered her mind's thoughts as she slowly walked to the Heads common room to see Marleen scolding Sirius who is tossing her future son up in the air, while Remus and Lily watched in amusement.

She quickly looked around for James who is not there for some reason, she asked everyone in the room if they saw him only to be returned by their heads shaking saying no; she became more worried now, but quickly noticed his bag knowing that he's gone here before them, she frantically grabbed the bag in the armchair and searched it for clues which her friends and Harry look at her like she was a crazy woman.

She quickly found a folded yet crumpled piece of paper on the bottom of his bag and read it, after reading it she was bloody scared as she ran out of the common room which was noticed by the people in the room, Harry picked up the paper his mum read and passed it to Remus for him to read it out loud, Remus took the paper the boy had brought him and started to call everyone for them to listened, he coughed for a moment to clear his throat and loudly read:

Dear Potter,

If you want to see your so-called son alive meet me in the Quidditch pitch later after school

It is time that we settle this Wizard to wizard for Lily's heart.

If you even think about telling anybody about this your son will die

- Severus Snape

Remus finished reading the letter and paled at what is going to happen on the pitch tonight, Sirius walked angrily to the door which was stopped by Alice saying that if he went there, it would make things worse, Sirius smeared but quickly looked at Harry crying on the floor saying that it is all his fault, Sirius sighed heavily and comforted his soon to be godson in his arms.

Sirius looked at Remus and asked him what to do, Remus planned which involved telling Dumbledore and some of them discreetly watching the whole thing so they can report to Dumbledore when he arrived in the scene, he assigned Sirius, Harry, and Alice to get Dumbledore while Remus and Marleen checked on James and Lily on the Quidditch pitch, they all nodded and quickly executed the plan.

Sirius carried Harry to The Great Hall with Alice to warn Dumbledore, Sirius and Alice reached the great Hall and opened it to see everyone there already happily munching, and eating their dinner which they would ruin after they shouted Dumbledore's name.

Everybody shifted to Sirius and Alice's direction as they shouted Dumbledore's name "Professor James and Severus are having a duel in the Quidditch pitch please stop them Lily is there, but I don't think she'll be of much help please hurry!" Alice shouted between her short breaths; Sirius nodded in confirmation as he let down Harry which he also pleaded almost teary-eyed.

Suddenly everybody talked about James and Severus's duel, some took bets on who would win, while others began to worry about them; Dumbledore Silenced everyone and told them to continue the feast while the teacher includes himself will go to the Quidditch pitch to stop James and Severus before they kill each other.

The crowd soon calmed down as Dumbledore and the teachers rose from the seats and quickly went to the Quidditch Grounds where Sirius and Alice lead them while Harry stayed behind being guarded by all of Gryffindor House just in case anybody tries to hurt him.

Meanwhile, Remus and Marleen saw spells flying through the air as they held Lily off to stop them, Lily struggled to let go of their grasp to no avail as she saw the two people she cared for duel it out for his love which was poetic yet suicidal for both parties, even adding the fate of her future son into the chaos, she can only watch, weep, and do nothing as she was now Helpless as she hears insults throw between James and Severus as they cast their spells.

A quarter of the Quidditch stadium was wrecked into bits and smithereens when Dumbledore, Sirius, Marleen, and the staff arrived.

James and Severus cast the same spell at the same time before Dumbledore got in the middle of it and stopped both spells, Lily was relieved that the duel had stopped for her heart cannot take any longer to see violence against her friends; Remus and Marleen let go of her slowly which Lily was grateful for as she rushed to James's side as he was covered in more bruises than her old best friend Severus.

Dumbledore ordered Sirius to alert Madam Pomphrey about this which she obeyed quickly as she sprinted to the hospital wing, he dismissed the staff, Remus, Marleen, and Lily quickly to check on the children in The Great Hall including Harry who stayed behind for his safety, they agreed reluctantly but they had faith in their headmaster and quickly walked to the entrance seeing Dumbledore scolding them both about their recklessness.

The students were entranced by James and Lily's supposed son as he showed politeness and manners to them and was quiet unlike James who was rowdy, ill-mannered and louder than a mandrake, he was quickly named by the students as the Gryffindor prince while the others called him the golden sun of Hogwarts or Dumbledore's pride and joy or the Jewel of Hogwarts, Lily and the others heard about this and was thankful that he he got Lily's personality and not James, she beamed with pride as she sat there next to him while he ate his fill.

Dumbledore, James and Severus walked through the hall a few minutes later which made everyone turn, Harry quickly wiped himself and ran to his father like he hasn't seen him in ages which he did while Dumbledore walked to his seat continuing his meal; James saw Harry running and knelt to the ground with open arms and hugged his future son, Severus scoffed at this and rolled his eyes and angrily marched to the Slytherin table; Lily saw this and smiled and thought 'Hogsmeade is this Saturday and I'll have to spend it with James and Harry, by then I'll have my answers answered it will be a long stretch but it will be worth it,' she then focused at James and Harry smiling and laughing as they walked to her direction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: thank you all for reading the latest chapter of this book, an please don't forget to follow, vote, and comment about today's chapter; that's all guys have a nice day love you all! 💕😁💕

oh I almost forgot thank you for the reads I really appreciate it. 😁

Disclaimer: all the characters in this book belongs to J.K Rowling. ✨👀✨