85. shaken

"Where did they come from?"

My question wasn't directed specifically at Clarke, but realistically she was the only one who could answer it. 

She turned to look at me, her face taut in desperation as she shook her head slightly. "Through the bridge." She cried. "They were invisible when they came through, I-"

A sob tore through her chest as she leaned against the wall. "We need to get out of here. Damnit!"

I flinched at the rising of her voice, pursing my lips as I looked to Hope and Jordan who stood with distressed expressions. 

"Move." Murphy ordered, causing everyone to step away from the door. Once the path was clear, he rose a crowbar and began ramming it into the window. 

The glass was thick, proving almost impossible to break through. Even after almost five minutes of relentless hits, the glass still stood. 

"Give it up, Murphy." Clarke pleaded, seemingly admitting defeat. "It's never going to break."

Ironically, as soon as the words had left her mouth, the glass shattered. Murphy looked to her with a quirked brow. "You were saying?"

"Good job, Murphy." Jordan praised as Murphy reached through the freshly broken window to unlock the door from the outside. 

"All in a day's work, my friends."

Clarke was the first to rush by him, beckoning for the rest of us to follow her. "Let's go!"

Giving Murphy a small smile, I took the crowbar from his hand. "This might prove to be useful once again." I muttered. Who knows what we were about to go up against. If this Disciple had come to Earth solely for Madi, I had a feeling they were not going down without a fight. 

"Come on!" Clarke called again, causing me to shoot Murphy a weary smile before the two of us followed after the rest of the group. 

The walk-more like sprint- to the rec room was full of nervous tension. I think all of us were afaid we were going to find a dead little girl when we arrived. I know that's what I was scared of. 

However, as we rounded the corner to the room, it wasn't Madi who was hurt. In fact, she wasn't even in the room. 

Who was in the room, was Gabriel. He laid on the floor by the piano, his white Disciple uniform coated in dark blood as he sputtered for breath. 

My eyes widened, the crowbar falling slack in my hand as Hope and Octavia rushed forward. "No!" Hope cried. "No, no, no!"

"Hope...my friend," Gabriel rapsed.

 "I'm right here with you." She assured, holding his head in her lap.

"Where is she?" Clarke questioned, giving no time to fuss over Gabriel's current state. 

Gabriel's eyes fluttered for a moment. "Madi," he breathed, focusing on Clarke. "Sheidheda. I tried-" A pain-filled gasp from his own lips cut him off.

Confusion swept over me...how was Sheidheda here? How was he alive? Raven had been right in her worries about him.

Pushing my curiosities aside, I knelt down on the other side of Gabriel, hoping that there would be something that I could do. My eyes scanned his wounds and I soon realized that even with more medical training, there was nothing I could do. 

My eyes met Octavia's and I gave her a small nod. She instantly knew what it met, and she gripped onto Gabriel's hand. 

"I'm right here!"