19

Atreus' POV

Blinking awake groggily, I shielded my face from the bright light, my eyes squinted. Pushing up onto my elbows I looked to the other side of the bed that was empty and significantly cold.

Throwing the sheet aside, I stepped onto the rug beside the bed, looking around for my clothes. My clothes were all on the lounge on the other side of the room, folded, Dariya's no where to be seen. I pulled on my trousers alone, buttoning them and letting it hang low on my hips.

Last night was probably the best night of my life. Our limited rounds, were hot and steamy, leaving me slightly light headed and needy after every single one. The few condom I did have ran out too quick for comfort.

Stepping lightly across the marble floors to the closed bedroom door, I combed my fingers through my messy hair. The halls were silent, the only sound coming from the end where the living room was.

The light tapping was explained when I saw Dariya running on the treadmill. The sunlight glistened on the beads of sweet that ran down her bare back. I licked my lips, leaning on the wall on the far side, admiring.

Her eyes were trained on the large display on the opposite wall that played a F1 race, muted. The wireless airpods in her ears, allowed me to remain unseen.

Or so I thought because she turned her head to me, not at all startled by my presence. Holding onto the handles, she stepped off the belt and onto the sides, her fingers tapping away at the touch screen display. 

"I wanted to wake up to you." I whined, playfully, walking up to her when she stepped off.

"Good morning." Was her response instead, her brow cocked.

"Yeah-yeah." Holding her flushed cheek in my hands, I leaned down to peck her lips. Her hands laid on my bare waist, as the kiss deepened our tongues dancing together.

Resting my forehead on hers, I smiled down at her as she traced the tattoo just like she did last night, "Good morning." I whispered, brushing back the light strand of hair on her cheeks.

“What does it mean?” I looked down to where her fingers traced the fallen leaves and branches of the colorful tree.

Everyone in the family had the same thing but added their own touch, with everyone name. Dead family were drawn into the roots that scattered across my hip.

“You can say it’s a family tradition, everyone gets one when they turn 18, with all our names on it.” I touched my parent’s name that was drawn into a branch.

“It’s beautiful.”

“It is.” Galina’s was probably the best in the entire family because of how much she added to it and where it was altogether.

"I couldn't sleep so I decided to occupy myself, had to exercise sooner or later anyway." She said, bringing us back to the present and pulling away to grab the towel from the couch.

"Why didn't you wake me?" Not giving her a chance to be apart from me, I wrapped my arms around her shoulders pulling her back flush to my front.

"You looked to peaceful to wake up."

I kissed her shoulder up her neck to her ears, nibbling on her lobe. The sweat didn't even faze me, just made it all the more erotic brought back images from last night.