A week later

It was finally time for the losers to meet Mike. Richie was probably the most nervous since he had to tell Mike the lie about how they met and to not tell the losers about him working at the cafe. Mike hated the idea about lying to people he didn't even know, he just hated lying in general because he didn't like being dishonest, but he obliged to Richie since it bothered the boy so much.

Mike was thrilled to finally the met the famous losers. He didn't have any friends growing up since he was homeschooled all his life and barely ever left the farm after his parents died.

They had agreed to meet at the Quarry since if they meet anywhere else there was the possibility of running into Bowers and his gang.

Mike and Richie were the first to arrive since they came together. It was only a couple of minutes before the five other losers came. Eddie and Stan hated being anything but on time so it forced the other three to actually get to things on time.

Richie smiled and stood up from where he was sitting on the ground. "Hey guys. This is Mike." He said and gestured to the only other person in the area, awkwardly. He was only ever awkward when he was nervous. He had a million thoughts running through his head. What if they didn't like Mike? Which is absurd, of course they would like Mike, who wouldn't. He was scared they wouldn't want to accept him into the group because it wasn't a collective agreement. 

Mike stood up as well and smiled politely. "Hello." He said and shook everyone's hand as they greeted him.

"It's nice to meet you." Ben said honestly and smiled at him as the other losers nodded in agreement.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all as well. Richies told me so much about you. Let me see... you must Ben. You're the only blonde and you seem athletic." He said as he pointed at Ben before moving to point to Bev. "Bev, sorry but that one was easy." He pointed to Stan. "Stan, your hair and stance. Richie says you have noodle hair and you're always stiff. Then you're Bill, Stans boyfriend and the leader." He smiled and finally pointed to Eddie. "Which means you're Eddie. I can see why-"

Richie laughed nervously as he clamped a hand over Mikes mouth to stop him from talking. "I guess you really were paying attention as I told you all about them."

Bev laughed and tilted her head. "You could really tell who was who just by remembering what Richie said?" She asked. "That's impressive."

Mike smiled and shrugged a little. "Thank you but it's easy, since Richie talked about you all basically non stop." He said with a chuckle. 

Richie flushed a little and scratched the back of his neck. "Hahah. I do not-"

"Aw! Richie, who knew you were such a sap." Bev teased and ruffled his hair.

Richie groaned and rolled his eyes a little as he moved away from his fiery haired friends touch. "Shut up Bev." He grumbled as he crossed his arms. 

Eddie glanced Mike up and down and fiddled with his fingers. He was still slightly jealous of Mike and who knows how much time he got to spend with Richie alone. He was the trashmouth's best friend, not this guy. The brunette let out a sigh as he looked away from Mike. 

"Let's go swimming!" Bev exclaimed excitedly as she took her shirt and shorts off. 

"Fuck yeah! It's so fun Mickey, you'll love it." Richie said happily as he undressed as well. 

Bev was the first to jump, Richie close after as the rest of the group striped down to their suits before they jumped in as well. They splashed around, dunked each other to the point they might have started drowning, and even played a couple games of chicken. Bev and Mike were the ultimate winners, which Richie didn't find surprising since Mike was so strong, anyone paired up with him was destined to win.

The ravenette of the group smiled as he looked around at how welcoming they were to Mike, until his eyes landed on the smallest loser. His smile dropped a little and glanced at the newest loser before swimming towards the brunette. 

"You still jealous?" He mumbled as he grabbed the petite hand and dragged him away from the others who were bombarding poor Mike with questions, hopefully they avoided the subject of family since now he was technically an orphan. 

The shorter boy let out a scoff and pulled his hand away to cross his arms. "As if. You'd have to be stupid to feel jealous that an asshole, you, hangs out with some random guy?" Eddie grumbled as he splashed water towards the other male. 

Richie sighed softly and wiped his face before he moved the brunette's hair out of his face, cupping his face gently. "Well, than you're stupid." He said bluntly with a small smirk resting on his face. 

Eddie rolled his eyes before glaring at the taller male. "Well! You're my best friend and you're hanging out with someone else for god knows how long! I thought we told each other everything." His tone got quieter as he spoke the last sentence. 

Richie couldn't help but feel a little guilty. Eddie was right, they always told the other everything, ever since they were little kids. Well, almost everything. 

"I'm sorry ed's."

"Don't call me that."

__________________

heyyyyyyy