1

September 16th - 11 years ago.

Little four year old Eddie Kaspbrak walked throw the doors of his preschool. His mom, Sonia Kaspbrak, walked beside him, holding his tiny hand.

Sonia led her son into his new classroom to start his school career. The teacher walked over to the two to greet them.

"Hi there. I'm Mrs Conway." She introduced herself and held her hand out.

Mrs Kaspbrak shook it. "I'm Sonia and this is my son Edward."

The teacher knelt down to Eddie's height and smiled.

"Hi Edward. You can call me Mrs C."

Eddie moves closer to his moms leg in an attempt to hide himself.

"Don't be shy Edward. Say hi." Sonia told her son.

"Hi." Eddie whispered.

"I know it's pretty scary starting school and having to leave your mom but you'll be okay."

The young boy just nodded.

"Now. You're gonna sit over there by Bill." Mrs Conway said pointing to a boy a little taller than Eddie himself. "You can take your bag over to your seat and when everyone is here I'll show you where to put it."

The teacher stood up straight and looked behind Sonia and Edward.

"If you'll excuse me, more parents and kids to meet." She smiled. "I know we will have a great year Edward. Have a good day Mrs Kaspbrak."

Sonia just smiled and nodded as Mrs C walked away.

"Do you have to go mommy?" Little eddie spoke, looking up at his mom.

"You'll be okay Edward. I'll be back at 3 sharp."

Eddie frowned a little. "Okay. I love you mommy."

"I love you too Edward. Now go sit where the teacher told you to." She let go of her sons hand.

Eddie nodded and started walking over to the desk he was told to sit at. It was a quad, four desks put next to each other. Eddie sat down next to the kid and set his bag on the floor next to him.

"Hi. I'm Bill." The young boy said smiling. He had brown hair and a kind face.

"I'm Eddie." The Kaspbrak boy spoke quietly.

"You don't have to be shy or scared Eddie. I don't bite."

That made Eddie laugh a little.

"There we go." Bill said smiling.

Eddie smiled back.

A moment later a new face arrived and sat down across from Bill. This kid had very curly golden brown hair. He had placed his bag on the back of his chair and he straightens his khaki shorts so there were no wrinkles in them.

"Hi. I'm Bill."

The boy looked at Bill for a second before answering straight faced. "My name's Stanley but I like being called Stan."

Bill glanced at Eddie, almost like he was asking 'what's with this kid'?

Stan looked at Eddie. "What's your name?"

"Eddie."

The curly headed boy nodded.

Mrs Conway walked over to the three boys and handed them there each a notebook and a folder before walking away again.

"Hey they have our names on it." Bill pointed out.

Eddie frowned as he read his name 'Edward Kaspbrak'

"What's wrong Eddie?" Bill asked nothing the change in his newly founded friends mood.

Eddie pointed at his name. "I don't like being called Edward."

"Hey it's okay." Bill said holding up his folder. "I don't like being called William either."

"I don't mind being called Stanley." Stan added.

"I guess we all don't like our full names then." Bill said.

"So?" Stan asked.

"It's something we have in common. Lighten up Stan."

Eddie laughed at that which made Bill start laughing. Soon enough, Stan joined in.

The three laughed for a couple of minutes before it died out slowly. Stan fixed his shirt so it was all neat and tidy again.

"Will everyone please look up front. It looks like everyone is here for the most part so we will begin. I'm Mrs Conway and-"

She was cut off by the door opening, revealing a small thin boy with a mop of black curls on his head, and what appeared to be a bruise forming around his eye.

"Hi." Was all the boy said.

"Hi. Who are you?" Mrs Conway asked politely.

"I'm Richie. Richie Tozier." He spoke out, fixing his thick framed glasses with one hand.

"Where are your parents Richie?"

"My mom goes to work really early and my dad left a little bit ago. I left on time to walk here all by myself but I went into the wrong classroom." He explained.

"You walked here by yourself?" Mrs Conway asked.

"Yeah. I am five. I'm a big boy." Richie said smiling.

"What happened to your eye Richie?"

"Oh I uh. I fell down the stairs this morning. I tripped over my shoelace. Yeah."

Mrs Conway wasn't completely satisfied but she let it slid.

"Okay. Go sit down over there while I get you you're supplies." Mrs C said.

"Okay." Richie walked over to where his teacher pointed and sat down in front of Eddie.

"Hey. I'm Richie."

"We know. The whole class knows." Stan retorted.

"Jeez. What crawled up your pants and laid it's eggs." Richie joked.

Bill laughed. "I'm Bill. This is Eddie and that's Stan."

Eddie smiled and gave a little wave. Stan just sat there. Richie smiled back and stared at the boy.

Richie didn't know exactly what he was thinking at the time, but he'd figure it out eventually.

___________________
no comment