10

The next day

Richie jumped awake at the sound of a book being dropped right on his desk, next to his face.

"After school detention Tozier." His history teacher said, looking down at him.

The sleepy boy groaned and rolled his eyes. "What's new?" He mumbled and sighed, as some of his classmates snickered.

The bell rang, signaling the end of class and the start of the lunch hour. Richie stood up and walked out of the classroom and outside to the football field. The losers always eat lunch under a big oak tree that's right next to a set of bleachers.

Richie made his way there and sat against the trunk. He's always the first one there while everyone else gets their lunch. Ben was the second to arrive, sitting down next to Richie and smiling.

"Hey rich." He said and sat his tray down next to him as the other boy laid his head on his legs.

"Hey Benny boy." He said with a smile as he looked up at him.

Ben laughed softly and tilted his head. "What are you doing?"

"I'm tired and the ground hurts my head." Richie said, adding a soft 'duh' at the end making Ben laugh.

"Do you two need to be left alone?" Stan jokes as he walked up and sat down with Bill following him.

Ben laughed and shook his head. "Rich is just a little tired is all." He said and shrugged. "I don't mind."

"You're too nice Ben." Bill said with a soft laugh as the ravenette fell asleep.

Bev and Eddie finally arrived and they both looked at Richie before sitting down.

"He looks so peaceful." Eddie said quietly with a soft laugh.

Ben patted the sleeping boys head softly and smiled. "I don't know how he's comfortable like that."

The red head laughed and nodded. "He usually never falls asleep in public. Heck, when we have sleep overs he's always the last to fall asleep."

"He must've not slept last night, at least he's comfortable enough with us to sleep." Eddie said with a shrug as he started eating.

"Well he should be, we've been friends forever." Bev said, dragging out the 'r' in forever.

Ben laughed softly which made the sleeping boy stir a little. "Keep it down will ya?" He muttered, "'m trying to sleep."

"But why are you trying to sleep, right now anyways?" Bev asked, throwing a grape at him.

The grape fell onto Richies neck and the boy picked it up, eating it before sitting up. "I just am okay?" He said and sighed. He didn't want to tell them it was because of how late he worked last night.

"Someone's a little salty today." Bev said and rolled her eyes a little. "Did you put your knickers on backwards today?"

"Hardy har har." Richie mumbled and leaned back against the tree, stealing a fry off of Bens tray.

Eddie raised an eyebrow and tilted his head at the time of his voice. "You okay rich?" He asked softly.

Richie looked over at Eddie and flashed him a smile. "Oh god yeah." He said and chuckled. "Always am eds."

Eddie nodded slowly, he wasn't convinced but he'd wait till the other and him were alone to get whatever was bothering him out of the ravenette.

The group ate in silence for awhile before eddies eyes widened. "Oh no.." he mumbled and shakily pointed his finger.

Richie and Ben turned since Eddie was pointing behind them. "Fuckkkk." Richie whined as he sprung up and immediately started sprinting in the opposite direction.

"Running will only slow what's bound to happen Tozier!" Henry Bowers yelled from where he was at on the field. He pointed in different directions for his goons to go in hopes to corner Richie.

The losers all watched Richie run away before looking at the Bowers gang.

"What the hell did he do now?" Bev asked as she finished her food. "Come on." She said and stood up, grabbing her trash.

Stan groaned but stood up with everyone else. "We can't do anything. Why can't we just sit here and finish eating?" He grumbled.

"Because he's our friend and he'll need help afterwards." Eddie pipped up as he quickly gathered his things.

The group of close friends walked towards the school together, discussing the possibilities Richie could've done in order to be targeted by the bullies.

In the mean time Richie was booking it to the art room. The only con to eating out by the bleachers was that is was the farthest place away from the school building. He was quickly growing tired since he hadn't eaten all day nor got the proper rest to be doing this kind of running.

"Sorry!" The boy yelled as he accidentally knocked into what seemed to be an extremely tiny freshman. The other boy shook his head and looked at Richie almost scared like. "No it's okay!" He squeaked and started picking up his things only to be knocked down again by Henry. Richie made a mental note to find that kid later and apologize properly.

He also made a note to run faster as Henry was getting to be on his tail. How was he incredibly fast? Richie thought to himself as he groaned and kept running.

"It's going to hurt more if you keep running!" He heard Bowers shout from behind him.

The students in the hallway stayed close to the lockers as they realized what was happening. They wanted to give Richie room to run but also so they wouldn't be in Henry's way, he would hunt them down later.

Richie just made it into the art room as he felt Henry's hand graze his back, trying to grab his shirt.

"Why hello there." Mrs. B said as she looked at the sudden commotion entering her room. "It's nice to see you again Richie. As for you Henry, that'll be another detention for trying to hurt another student. You know the drill by now, to the office." She said as she started typing on her computer.

"Why you-" Henry started to say but stopped as the teacher looked at him. "You'll pay for this later Tozier." He snarled before walking out of the room.

Richie let of a breath of relief and bent over, placing his hands on his knees and breathing heavily.

"What did you do this time?"

________________
HI
IM SO SORRY ITS BEEN LIKE FIVE MONTHS

ILL TRY TO UPDATE EITHER ONCE A WEEK OR ONCE EVERY TWO WEEK. SCHOOLS BERY STRESSFUL.
BUT I MIGHT NEED KNEE SURGERY SO ILL HE ABLE TO HE MORE ACTIVE