Ben left later that night after supper but Victor stayed. Richie was still in shock over the news of Eddie and Carter, they weren't okay. Did part of feel somewhat happy? Yeah. Did he also feel guilty about feeling happy? Yeah. He didn't know how he should feel about the person he loves relationship going to shit.

"Hey- I can hear you thinking." Victor mumbled as he gently flicked his forehead from where he was laying next to him on his bed.

Richie hummed quietly and turned on his side to face his friend. "I feel conflicted about my feelings." He admitted quietly. "I want to be with Eddie, but he's also been mean to be recently but I guess I deserved that? I don't know. But I don't want him to be devastated by a break up and then him hate me even more." He groaned quietly.

Victor smiled fondly and pushed Richie's hair out of his face as he looked at him. "Why would he hate you even more if they break up?" He asked curiously.

"Because when we were talking while they were dating, I never got along with Carter and it caused tension between them." He mumbled sheepishly. "So he could probably blame me for them breaking up." He shrugged.

Victor hummed softly. "Well if he does, he's just being a dick and isn't owning up to the real reason their relationship didn't work. And you didn't deserve Eddie being mean to you. Yeah you kissed him while he had a boyfriend but he took it far by forcing you to stay away from everyone." He said honestly. "And then things just escalated and that was both your faults."

Richie sighed and closed his eyes. "Yeah I guess." He chewed on his lip and moved closer to Victor. "If they break up.." he paused, opening and closing his mouth before finally saying it. "We have to stop this."

Victor's hand paused where it was in Richie's hair for a moment before continuing quickly. "I know." He whispered and kissed his forehead softly.

"But we can still hang out. I don't want to lose you as a friend. We just can't be sexual anymore." Richie explained quickly.

Victor smiled softly. "Yeah, yeah I know Rich. Don't worry, we both knew this would happen." He whispered softly.

Richie hummed and moved closer to nuzzle into Victor. "We still have to get you with your lover." He teased as he wrapped his arms around his waist tightly.

Victor laughed softly as he shook his head, wrapping his arms tightly around the other boy as well, holding him close while he could. "Nah, let's just focus on you and Eddie."

Richie scoffed. "Oh come on."

"I don't really have a chance Rich, not like you do. I've accepted it."

Richie frowned and stared up at Victor, resting his chin on his chest. "Bullshit. He's broken up with his girlfriend. He's single. You can find out if he swings our way." He mumbled before pausing. "I could find out who it is. Ben knows everything that happens at our school, he'd know all the recent breakups." He started to sit up and reach for his phone.

Victor's eyes widened and he immediately pulled Richie back towards him. "No-" he said quickly, holding Richie firmly still.

"Then why don't you just tell me?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Because I don't want too."

"Why?"

"Because."

"Victor come onnn. I'm not gonna make fun of you. You literally know all my deepest darkest secrets."

Victor sighed and let go of Richie. "Fine. Text Ben, whatever." He mumbled quietly, sighing softly as he laid on his back, closing his eyes.

Richie frowned softly and moved to lay on top of Victor. "Hey.." he whispered and cupped his face. "I wasn't actually going to text him, I'm sorry. I was just joking but it wasn't funny."

Victor opened his eyes slightly to look at the boy on top of him. He sighed softly and quickly flipped them over to Richie was underneath him. "It's okay, don't worry about it." He whispered and kissed him softly as he trapped his hands above the mop of raven curls.

Richie hummed softly and smiled into the kiss.

~~~~~

Richie ran into the last person he wanted to at school the next day, literally ran into. He was walking to his locker to his get his stuff to head home since school was over and suddenly something solid hit him.

"Shit sorry-" the voice paused as the two boys made eye contact. "Oh uh hey Richie."

Richie recovered from his slight stumble and his eyes widened as he stared at Carter. "H-hey." He cleared his throat and smiled awkwardly as he waved.

"Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking. Didn't mean to run into you."

"No no! It's all cool, don't worry about it."

The two boys nodded and stood in the empty hallway, looking at each other like they didn't know what to do. Which to be fair, they didn't.

Richie cleared his throat and made to walk around Carter, when the other boy stopped him.

"Wait. I uh- it's not my place but uhm Eddie misses you, he's just too stubborn to admit to anyone."

Richie frowned slightly and looked at Carter. "Yeah well, maybe he should just apologize." He crossed his arms.

Carter sighed softly and nodded. "I think so too, but I don't know if he's going too. You know how stubborn he can be."

"Yeah well he really hurt me Carter, as much as I would love to just forget everything and go back to his things were, I can't. He needs to apologize first and then we can grow from there."

Carter looked at Richie and nodded slowly. "Okay, no I get that. I just- he's gonna need his best friend." He whispered and stared at him for a moment longer before finally walking off.

_________
Heyyyy