4

September 16th - four years ago

Another school year began for the losers, sixth grade to be precise. Another fun filled summer had gone by, too fast for their liking. They walked into their new classroom to find a new girl sitting alone at a circle of desks.

The five friends looked at each before walking over to her, and sitting next to her. It was a silent agreement between them all.

The new girl had fiery red hair and grayish green eyes. She was wearing a flower patterned dress with black combat boots.

"Oh hey." She said smiling at the boys.

"Hi. I'm Bill, this is Ben, Eddie, Stan, and Richie." Bill introduces everyone happily.

"I'm Beverly Marsh." The red head said smiling.

"Welcome to Derry Bev." Richie said.

Beverly was about to say something when she got rudely interrupted.

"Hey yo losers!" Henry shouted walking into the classroom.

Richie rolled his eyes and muttered. "Oh great. Where we go again."

Bev looked at them confused as Henry and his goons walked up to their table.

"What do you want Henry?" Richie asked annoyed.

"Just wanted to say hi to my favorite losers and see who the new addition is. What's your name princess?" Henry asked creepily.

"It's Beverly, not princess." She snapped.

"Ohh. A feisty one here."

"Shut the hell up." Bev said rolling her eyes.

Richie smiled proudly while the other losers gasped. Richie has been the only one to talk to Henry and his gang like that.

"What did you say bitch?" Henry asked angrily.

"I said, shut the hell up. Are you deaf or something?"

"Listen here, you don't wanna mess with me. I'll let it slid this time because you're new, but never again." Henry spoke, every word filled with malice.

"Whatever. Leave us alone yeah?"

"I'll see you losers later." Henry said before walking away, his friends following him.

"That. Was. Awesome." Richie said happily, holding his hand out for a high five.

Bev high fived the glasses wearing boy and smiled. "Thanks."

"No one talks to Bowers like that except for Richie." Stan said.

"Yeah. He doesn't like it when people talk like that to him." Eddie added.

Beverly shrugged. "I don't really care. Why does he call you the losers?"

"Because we are losers." Bill said simply.

"I like that." Bev stated smiling.

"We're keeping her." Richie said suddenly.

"What?" Stan asked.

"We're keeping her." Richie repeated.

"She's not a dog, you can't just claim her." Stan replied.

"Well no shit Stanley. What I meant is, she's now apart of our group." Richie clarified.

"Well duh." The noodle haired boy said, rolling his eyes.

"You two are funny." The red head said.

"Why thank you."

"They do that a lot. You'll get used to it." Eddie told her.

Bev turned to Ben who was sitting next to her. "Do you talk?"

Ben blushed in embarrassment. "I um talk."

You could say that, well, Ben was crushing on Beverly. Major crushing. Even though they are only 11 years old, he thought he was in love. And maybe he was.

Ben didn't feel like talking because he didn't want to say anything stupid. He didn't want Bev to think he was an idiot or anything.

"Oh. Well you don't say much."

"Yeah, I know."

"Why not?" Bev asked curiously.

Ben just shrugged. He wouldn't tell her the real reason, she'd probably think he's creepy.

"Hm. Okay." She turned away from Ben and looked at the others.

"So why'd you move here?" Stan asked.

"My dad died so I got sent to live with my aunt." Bev said easily.

"What? I'm sorry for your loss." Eddie said softly.

"It's okay. He wasn't home much anyways. My mom died giving birth to me so he was a single dad. He was the best single dad though, I loved him a lot and he always treated me good." Bev explained.

"I'm sorry." Eddie said again.

"Don't be. There's nothing you could've done. Besides, my aunt is home more and she loves me just as much."

"That's good." Bill said.

"Yeah. So how long have you all been friends?"

"Well, I meet Eds, Billy, and Staniel in kindergarten and Haystack here joined us a couple years ago."

"Don't call me that." Eddie mumbled.

"You love it." Richie said smiling at his best friend.

The small boy just rolled his eyes, making Richie laugh. He reached over and ruffled Eddie's hair.

"Don't mess up my hair!" He squeaked and quickly fixed it. "You know I hate it when it's messy."

"Yeah but it's funny watching you all flustered."

Eddie glared at the taller boy and continued to fix his hair till it was near again.

"Don't touch it again or I'll bite your hand off."

Richie laughed. "You're so cute when you try to be mad."

That made Eddie flush. "I'm being serious."

"Sure you are eds."

Eddie continued to glare at his best friend but didn't say anything. He didn't like it when Richie would say he couldn't do stuff because of his height and size. It's not his fault he's so tiny.

It's not like Richie isn't tiny either, he's just taller. So it looked like he was bigger. But what Eddie figured was that if Richie was the same height as him, he'd be tiny too.

"This is fun to watch." Bev butted in.

"They argue a lot. You'll get used to it." Stan told her.

"It's funny."

"Yeah, until you get into an argument with Richie." Eddie said.

"Wow. Everyone's just hating on me, I see how it is." Richie said, pretending to be extremely hurt.

"Come on Rich. You know we love you." Eddie told him.

"Yeah Yeah. That's what you say."

"We do Rich." Bill said.

"Yeah I know. I just like being dramatic." Richie smiled.

"Of course." Stan rolled his eyes.

"This is going to be an interesting year."

______________