27

"You kissed one of Bowers goons?" Mike asked in complete shock.

The two were currently working and Richie had waited till it was pretty slow and dead to spill what had happened the previous night. He had been dying to tell Mike and he was constantly thinking about what exactly he was going to say.

Richie found himself nodding slowly as he shrugged a little. "Yeah-" He paused and looked away quickly.

Mike narrowed his eyes at his friend. "What else did you do?"

Richie found himself staying quiet for a moment before groaning. "Okay- fuck this is really embarrassing Mikey." He whined as he rubbed his face. "We sort of like experimented with each other- he blew me and then I blew him-" He mumbled.

"You experimented?"

"Well, yeah! Neither of us have actually kissed a boy before, much less do anything with one so we just-yeah."

"You blew one of Henry's goons?"

Richie groaned and threw a piece of cheese at the taller boys' chest. "Yes! Why do you keep repeating what I'm saying in that tone? And he's actually a really nice guy Mikey! He doesn't actually do anything to anyone, and he's managed to stop Henry a few times from going too far-" He rambled before getting cut off.

"Are you starting to like him?"

The ravenette shook his head quickly and sighed. "No. I am still hopelessly in love with Eddie." He grumbled, adding a huff at the end.

Mike couldn't help but laugh as he shook his head. "You poor fool."

Richie groaned and glared at his friend half-heartedly. "Why are you being so mean to me Mikey?"

That earned an ever so slightly eye roll from the other boy. "I'm not being mean at all Richie, I am simply stating facts."

"I never took you for a liar Mike."

"I'm not lying."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are!"

"No I'm not."

"Yeah uh."

"Nuh uh."

"Knock it off you two. Do your job and make the ticket." Leah, one of the servers said with an eye roll. "And he's not lying Richie." She said with a wink before leaning the kitchen.

Mike grinned happily and made a hum of approval as he took the ticket from the machine. He put it up and started making the food as he heard Richie whine loudly and pathetically hit the table.

"You are all against me I swear." Richie huffed and grabbed a tray to set up for Mike. "Besides, Vic has his own Eddie."

That caught Mike's attention. "Oh?" He was never one to really care about gossip, but he was just really surprise on of Bowers' closest friends is gay.

"I can't tell you though, he swore me to secrecy. But I honestly wouldn't tell anyone anyways. I know what it's like and it's not fun so." Richie said softly as he shrugged.

"Right, yeah. Of course that makes sense. You two hang out at school? What does Henry think of you being Victors little buddy?"

Richie furrowed his eyebrows and stared at his friend. "Victors little buddy? We're like the same height!" He grumbled and huffed as he crossed his arms. "He does not know Vic is gay, for obvious reasons so he doesn't know we've been hanging out. Vic doesn't want to be his friend anymore, but for some reason he feels bad because he's like Henry's closet friends." He sighed and shrugged a little. "It's complicated."

Mike chuckled and nodded as he finished making the sandwich. "Clearly." He said and flipped the ticket to the server side to let them know it was finished.

"None of the other losers are even talking to me Mikey. I've literally lost all of them. You and Victor are the only friends I have right now." The ravenette spoke quietly.

"You have lost them forever Rich, they're just upset. They'll get over it soon-"

"Hey uh Richie? There's a woman out at the bar asking for you, someone named Maggie?" Leah said as she grabbed her food before walking back out.

Richies head snapped toward Mike. "D-did she just say Maggie? Like Maggie as my mom Maggie?"

Mike was equally as startled as Richie as, well maybe not equally. "Go-go find out. I've got it covered back here." He gave Richie a gentle push, which made the boy bolt out the kitchen door.

Richies mind was racing. Maggie had said she didn't believe him, that she'd call the cops if he called again. He didn't want the cops to come, they'd discover more than he'd like them too. He had drilled pursing his birth mom, but that didn't mean he just gave up. He needed to gather evidence that Maggie was really his mom and with everything going on with the losers, he just hadn't had time.

But there she was. Maggie Tozier or Maggie Bell? He didn't know, maybe he'd find out. He managed to calm his breathing before he approached the woman sitting at the bar. "Hello, uh Leah said you wanted to see me?"

The woman looked up from her drink to the boy in front of her. She was quiet for a moment as she examined the ravenette. "It's really you." She whispered, her voice barely audible. "You weren't lying. How- how is this possible? I don't understand. Went-" she paused and shook her head as her eyes flooded with tears.

Oh god. She was crying, what the hell was he supposed to do now?

"I uh I don't exactly know why you thought I was dead, but I'm not. I mean obviously I'm not, I'm standing right here. My dad told me you left us when I was born, that you weren't ready to raise a child. He didn't give me much information on you so I could never look for you. But then you put your number in the last birthday letter so I called you and then we'll you know the rest."

Maggie let out a weak laugh as she nodded. "I do know the rest." She paused for a moment as she wiped her eyes. "I couldn't let go of that phone call, as much as I truly did think it was some sort of prank call. I knew it couldn't have been because you just knew too much, so I did my own research. Richie Tozier did die, there's medical records and a death certificate. I thought I was going crazy till I came across a Richard Tozier with the same birthday, same hospital, same weight and height and I just knew you weren't lying. I have no idea how Went managed to do all that, or why he would but he did. I can't believe you're alive."

She had started crying again and Richie just stood there.

"Oh well I'm very much alive. You can talk to the guy I blew yesterday if you want."

__________________
Here you go peeps
Enjoy