23

Richie started to hate Carter more and more as the days went on. Whenever they hung out as a group, him and Eddie were very affectionate towards each other and it hurt him.

They were currently eating lunch and Richie had had enough of the new couples closeness.

"Eddie can I talk to you real quick?" The ravenette asked softly as he stood up from the table.

The shorter boy looked up at his friend confused and nodded slowly. "I guess?" He said confused and kissed his boyfriends cheek before standing up.

The rest of the losers looked at Richie confused and watched the two walk out of the cafeteria.

"What's up that couldn't wait, Richie?" Eddie asked as he followed his tallest friend out of the cafeteria and down the hallway, out of sight from anyone.

Richie sighed shakily and messed with his hands nervously. He stopped and turned to look to his best friend. "It's just- ever since you met Carter and started dating him, you've changed."

Eddie furrowed his eyebrows and crossed his arms over his chest. "What's that supposed to mean? I haven't changed." He defended himself.

Richie ran a hand through his hair and looked at Eddie. "Yes you have. You like different stuff, your favorite things aren't your favorites anymore. You're always with Carter, I can barely catch you alone anymore and you're always busy. I miss my best friend Eddie." He rambled quietly.

Truth was, Richie missed more then just his best friend. He wanted Eddie. His feelings had continued to grow for the other boy and he couldn't control them. There were so many nights he just dreamed about what it would like if he had asked Eddie out before Carter came into the picture.

Eddie sighed softly and looked up at Richie. "I'm sorry Rich, I guess I never noticed how little I've been spending time with you. But none of the others think I've changed or I've been too busy for them." He said softly.

"They aren't as close to you as we are, that's why they don't see a difference." Richie responded quickly.

Eddie shook his head and rubbed his face a little in annoyance. "I know you don't like Carter, for whatever reason you don't like him. I don't get why, no one else does either, but you need to stop. Carter is a good guy and I really like him, okay? A true friend would be happy for me."

Richie stared at Eddie in complete silence. He would be over the top happy for Eddie if he didn't have feelings for him.

"I-I Eddie it's just really hard for me to like him." Richie whispered softly and bit his lip hard.

Eddie raised an eyebrow and scoffed. "Whatever. I'm heading back to the table." He said and sighed as he turned around and started to walk back to the cafeteria.

"Wait! No-" Richie yelled and quickly grabbed Eddie's hand and stopped him from walking any further. "Ed's-"

Eddie shook his head and sighed as he turned to look back at Richie. "Unless you have something else to say and that isn't about my boyfriend, I don't want to hear it." He said firmly.

Richie nodded quickly and ran a hand through his hair again as he collected what he wanted to say, but he didn't know how to put it into words. So, impulsively he leaned into Eddie and kissed him on his lips.

He had absolutely no idea what would happen, but it was an in the moment type decision. Never in his life did he think what Eddie did would happen though.

Eddies eyes widened and he quickly pulled away from the kiss. He slapped Richie across his face and scoffed. "Seriously, Richie!? What the fuck is wrong with you! I have a boyfriend." He said angrily and glared at him.

Richie brought a hand up to his stinging face and he looked at Eddie in shock. "I-I really like you Eddie. I have for awhile I-I was just scared to tell you.." he rambled.

Eddie shook his head and closed his eyes to try and block out what he was saying. "Richie stop!" He yelled and glared at him again. "If you've liked me for awhile then why didn't you say anything!? You can't just expect me to drop a guy, who I really like, just for you."

Richie stopped talking and messed with his hands as he looked at Eddie. He knew he messed up, he should've told him I'm a different way but he didn't know how. "I-I"

Eddie sighed and rubbed his face. "Maybe you need some space."

The taller boy looked at the other with a confused look. "What?"

"You should stay away from Carter and I, and the rest of the losers too. I don't want to be around you anymore. Just stay away." Eddie said firmly to him before walking back into the cafeteria.

Richie stayed planted to the spot he was standing in and just stared after Eddie. That was not how he wanted things to go.

____________
Sooooo sorry for the long awaited update
And the writing sucks lol