24

Richie could not just believe what happened. Why did he think kissing Eddie would be a good way to tell him he liked him? If he could turn back time, he would. His cheek still stung where Eddie slapped him, and he figured it was slightly red. Eddie had a lot of power into that slap.

Richie groaned loudly in frustration and he ran his hands through his hair. He honestly didn't know what he expected when he asked Eddie to come out into the hallway. Did he really expect Eddie to just drop Carter for him?

Well, he did.

Which was totally stupid of him.

Now look where that ended up.

Richie fixed his glasses before practically running into the nearest bathroom. There was no way he could go back to the cafeteria after that. He figured Eddie told the losers and Carter exactly what happened the second he got back, and he did not want that embarrassment and hate at the moment.

He locked himself in a stall and rested his forehand against the back of the door as he closed his eyes. He let out a deep sigh and tried to collect himself. Lunch was ending soon, so he needed to get ready for his next class. How the fuck was he supposed to get through the rest of the day?

————
Richie had somehow survived his last few classes. He tried not to think about the lunch incident, but every time he saw one of the losers, Eddie's words rang through his ears.

You should stay away from Carter and I, and the rest of the losers too. I don't want to be around you anymore. Just stay away.

Just stay away.

So he did. Stan tried to talk to him during their English class, but he sat down next to Betty Ripsom and quickly started a conversation. Confused by his friends behavior, Stan continuously looked over at him throughout the class. He hoped to talk to him at the end of class; however, Richie had bolted out of the classroom before Stan could even stand up.

Eddie hadn't told the losers what had happened at lunch, but Richie wasn't aware of that fact.

Richie had no idea what he was going to do from here on out. Eddie was completely pissed at him and once the losers found out what he did, they'd be mad at him for sure.

What kind of idiot kisses someone who has a boyfriend?

Richie.

He was a complete and useless idiot.

Fortunately, he had to work tonight. Hopefully that would get his mind off of the lunch incident or he'd end up ranting to Mike.

———

Richie ended up ranting to Mike.

As soon as he walked into the kitchen. He just exploded. Luckily, Mike was a total sweetheart and just listened to Richie confess and complain about what he did for at least the first hour of their shift.

Who knew a whole ten minute encounter could be turned into an hour rant?

Once Richie had finally stopped talking, Mike was allowed to speak.

"Why would the other losers be mad at you? Weren't they the ones who wanted you to admit your feelings about Eddie?"

Richie sighed and nodded. "Yes but I kissed him. I kissed somebody who is in a relationship Mikey. That changes everything. If I just told Eddie I liked him, without the kiss, they probably would not care and congratulate me for trying. But I kissed him. I'm a home wrecker." The ravenette pouted as he made the salad that came back.

Mike couldn't help but laugh softly.

"It's not funny Mikey! I made a complete fool of myself and I ruined everything. Any chance that Eddie could have liked me is gone now."

Mike looked at his friend sympathetically and shrugged. "I can't disagree with the first part." he sighed as he saw his friends face drop even more. "Well, Richie you did make a fool out of yourself. You have to live with what you did, but I don't think you necessarily ruined everything."

Richie glanced at his friend and cocked his head a little. "And why do you think that?"

Mike shrugged a little. "We all make mistakes Rich, we're human and bound to mess up here and there. You just happened to make a huge mess, but Eddie will get over it over time. I'd be upset if someone kissed me when I have boyfriend- not that I have one, I'm just saying."

Richie nodded a little and sighed. "Yeah, I guess I would be too."

He knew Mike was right, it was a mistake and Eddie would get over it. Eddie was always the first of the losers to forgive, he had the kindest heart. He had just had to give him time.

"You're coming over tonight, right?" Mike asked in a softer tone.

Richie nodded quickly and smiled at the taller boy. "Yeah, I have my bag packed and everything. Don't worry Mikey, I've survived so far. I doubt my home life could get any worse. Besides, he hasn't even been that bad lately."

Mike nodded a little and shrugged. "I'd rather be safe then sorry Richie." He said and patted his friend on the back.

Mike was honestly terrified of Richie going back to his house every single day. Wentworth could just snap one day and do something horrible to his son. He wanted Richie safe.

"I know I know, but I think he's stopped drinking. Well, not completely but he's drinking less. The smell hasn't been that bad and there's not as many empty cans in the trash or in the living room. Maybe he's getting sober." Richie said, half-jokingly.

Part of him still knew he couldn't believe his dad would ever change or get sober, but the other part of him was naive enough to think it.

____________
So sorry for the very long wait
Also sorry for any grammar or any errors really
I had to write on my phone bc my computers being a biTch