Part I

*Due to popular demand over on After Hours, we've decided to make Lesson Plan a little short story. Enjoy!*

Ally's POV

I can't believe I'm missing Matt Donovan's party for this.

I'm stuck sitting at this wooden table, which seems like it's about to fall apart, waiting for Harry. I fiddle with the pen in my hand, knocking it against the table in front of me a couple times, before letting out a small huff.

I'm dressed for the party so that I can just go straight there after this. I'm in a black long sleeve and a short plaid skirt, definitely not studying clothing but no one is here anyways so I don't really care if I'm being honest.

Of course he would know which libraries are open this late on a Friday, I shouldn't be surprised by that tidbit of knowledge. I'm pissed he wanted to do this session tonight, I almost debated on not showing up but I need to do well in this class if I want to get into college. My parents have threatened that they won't pay for my education if I don't get an A in this calculus course, and being 18 and broke was all the motivation I needed to get someone to help me, Harry specifically.

Harry's the smartest kid in our class. He's going to University of Toronto next year to study Mathematics so that's the reason I asked him to tutor me and not because he's easy on the eyes, definitely not that.

Harry's always been shy, mainly sticking to his little friend group of three and that's about it. He's never gone to a party that I've been to either, not really living up to the 'true' high school experience. I don't even know if he's had a sip of alcohol yet.

I spent my high school years making memories with friends and having fun, not really caring about school so much. I was more focused on friends and boys and all that good stuff. I guess I'm considered one of the popular girls, but I never really think that about myself. My friends would say otherwise though.

Harry could be a part of our group if he wanted to based on his looks alone. His little oval-framed brown glasses suit him, but they hide his stunning eyes sometimes. I've only seen him smile once, but I never forgot the dimples that popped out when he did.

The hockey boys like to poke fun at him, but I always stand up for Harry. Harry isn't mean and he doesn't bother anyone at school, he's just there, focusing on himself. I hate that they pick on him, always sticking their nose in other people's business, it's always rubbed me the wrong way.

Most of the time I defend Harry behind his back, he doesn't know I do it but that's okay with me. I don't want the recognition for it, I just want them to fucking stop.

When I approached him after our English class and asked if he would tutor me, I'd never seen him so flustered. I don't think he talks to girls that often. "Uhm, uh, yeah sure Ally. I c-can do that for you, for sure! Uh, where w-would you like to, uh meet? I can do whatever y-you want."

It was kind of cute seeing him like that, all red cheeked and fumbling. It was the first real conversation we've had in the four years we've known each other.

It's not that I've never wanted to talk to him, it's just that I've never had the opportunity to. Sure he's been in a few of my classes, but most times I would just be preoccupied with my own group of people to really get to know him.

That isn't to say that I wouldn't like to.

"S-Sorry I'm late," a voice speaks from behind, making me jump. Harry quickly enters my line of view as he takes a seat in the chair in front of me, dropping his bag on the table. "I biked here and was about h-halfway when I realized I forgot to grab you a pencil, didn't know if y-you'd bring your own stuff or not."