Part IX

Ally's POV

Harry graduated last week. I had an earlier graduation since I fast-tracked my program and it made Harry sad that we wouldn't get to graduate together like in high school, but I made sure I was seated where he could see me, especially since I knew he'd win so many awards, he's Harry.

I felt so fucking proud of him as I watched him walk across the stage so effortlessly and confident. Nothing in comparison to how he was at our high school grad where he was shaking like a leaf. He looked good while doing it too. His long hair was now down past his collarbones and his gold highlighter shimmered under the stage lights, a bright smile to match. My sparkle boy.

I loved watching him grow, I felt so proud of him. The long hair was a decision he made on his own, bounding up to me one day as I ran my fingers through his hair. "I t-think I'm going to grow i-it out so I can donate it. What do y-you think?" My heart clenched as he said that to me, butterflies swarming in my stomach at how incredible of a person he is.

I, of course, had no objections to this. I knew he'd look good, and I was right. It suited him perfectly, framing his features which only made them stand out more. His hair sometimes got tangled in his glasses which made mutter multiple profanities under his breath, but other than that he seemed to really like his new hair too.

It looked especially nice at his graduation. He bought some new products to use — specifically for grad — because he "wanted to l-look good for me" and "for pictures w-with mum."

He had the highest average in his program with Tris coming in right behind him, and he even broke some records of obtaining some of the highest marks ever in some of his courses. It amazes me how smart he is, I don't think I'll ever wrap my head around just how fucking brilliant his mind is. I'm so amazed by him.

I took way too many pictures of him as I sat beside Anne and Raya. The three of us were probably the loudest in the room which I know embarrassed Harry, I could see the redness of his cheeks from where I sat.

It reminded me of high school all over again when I filmed him walking the stage for his math award and I made a mental note to go home and rewatch that video with him, loving the way he looked, awkwardly walking with beat red cheeks.

As soon as the ceremony was over, I impatiently waited in the lobby with the rest of the graduates' families as we awaited Harry's entrance. As soon as I saw his long hair I immediately raced over to him and jumped in his arms, hearing him laugh as he hugged me tight to him. "I'm so proud of you Harry. You did it." I whispered against his cheek, my fingers tangling in his long hair before pressing multiple kisses to the side of his head. He dropped me down back onto the ground and dusted his gown off before he leaned down and gave me a kiss — something that was still rare for him to really do in public, never mind in front of his mum. "T-Thanks baby, couldn't have d-done it without m-my number one supporter."

I stepped away only mere seconds before Raya came running up to Harry, her head only reaching his chest now. Her grade 8 graduation is in a few months and Harry's already in denial that she's growing up. I never really asked him where his dad was because he never talked about him so I didn't want to pry, but by the sounds of it, Harry's been taking care of Raya since she was born. He's so protective over her that even the thought of her going into high school almost made him cry because "s-she can't be bullied l-like me. That'd ruin me."

Once Anne and Raya got their hugs and kisses in, we spent the evening celebrating. I took them all out for a nice dinner and refused to let them pay, it was my treat, they're my family now. They essentially took me in and for that, I'm eternally grateful.