Part VI

Ally's POV

I think Harry is drunk.

I don't know if he knows he's drunk or not, but he's certainly acting like it. His extra fumbling of words and loose lips tell me he's had one too many drinks but he seems to be enjoying himself which is all that really matters to me.

It took me so long to convince him to come with me tonight. I've been to plenty of college parties since we started school last month, but Harry has never once wanted to accompany me. He still would make me go though, not wanting me to "miss o-out on all the fun" but I still never had as much fun as I know I would have if he had been by my side. I just ended up going to these things with my new college friends, Khloe and Lydia, but I couldn't help but to miss a certain pretty boy.

"Be careful," he'd always say "you k-know I'm just a phone call a-away. And w-watch your drink please, I want my Ally baby b-back here safe and sound." I always compromised and told him that if he wouldn't go out with me, then I at least wanted to sleep over at his dorm afterwards. He had no problem with that.

I know he wasn't really into stuff like that, parties and such, he'd rather spend his time with his nose buried in books which I loved about him, but I wanted him to step out of his comfort zone though. I wanted him to get out and explore new things and I knew he wanted to too, or was at least a little bit curious, because of the times he would nervously question me about things I did.

I know there's so much of him that he's hiding but I don't think he even realizes it himself. I only hope that he learns to become more comfortable in himself and that I'll always be here with him to help him with that.

For this party tonight though, I was determined to break Harry out of his shell. I had finally had enough of his refusal and I trekked across the city to bang down his dorm door, telling him that he had to come with me, I wasn't giving him another option. I always just assumed he said no because parties and drinking weren't his thing, which I get, but I thought that maybe me being there with him would make him more comfortable, and he didn't have to drink or anything like that, I'd never pressure him.

I was taken aback when he snapped at me. "I s-said no Ally. I don't w-want to fucking go, alright!?" I had physically stepped back from him, he'd never spoken to me like that before and it threw me off. I knew I was being a bit annoying, pestering him to come with me, but I didn't think it was so wrong to want to go out with my boyfriend just once. If I had known he was this fed up with me asking I would have stopped, I never wanted to upset him like I just had.

I just wanted to have some fun with my boyfriend.

"I-I'm sorry," I had stammered, instantly making Harry's head shoot up to look at me. I had never stuttered in front of him before. "I didn't mean to make you mad. I-I'll stop, I'm sorry, I didn't know I was annoying you I just wanted you to have some fun with me, doing something I like, but uh, I should have known to stop asking. I'm sorry, please don't be mad at me Harry." I had rambled, panicking and thinking that he was going to break up with me or something crazy like that.

I couldn't let that happen, not when I had only just realized that I love my Harry baby.

His face immediately dropped at the sight of my panicking and he quickly rushed over to me in a hurry. "N-No don't apologize, I'm s-sorry I didn't mean to yell." He sputtered, his hands smoothing over the sides of my head. I felt them shake as he tried to calm me down, "I k-know you're just trying to include me but I just don't h-have good memories from high school. You're the only good one."

It broke my heart when he told me that. I hated that he still had those memories in his head, ruining what was supposed to be a time in his life that should be spent focusing on growing and learning and not thinking about the past. I looked at him, my eyes softening at his words, and the sadness on his face was one I never wanted to see again.