Part III

Ally's POV

It's prom night and I'm here. Alone.

I never got the courage to ask Harry, I was too afraid of rejection so I just kept my mouth shut. I had a few more guys ask me to go but I didn't want to show up with someone on my arm if it wasn't Harry, so I declined them all and just showed up as a third wheel with all of my friends and their athlete boyfriends.

I didn't mind it though, I didn't need someone to come with me, I'm fine here on my own.

Matt tried so hard to get me to go with him, but I refused. I couldn't go with someone who actively makes Harry's life much harder than it needs to be for no fucking reason, I couldn't do that to him.

Ever since our hookup in the janitor's closet, Harry kept his word and did tutor me in calculus, which I was so thankful for. I actually have a decent grade in it now and it was just in time for university applications. I got into York University for Education, which is a great step towards my goal of becoming a teacher.

I love kids, they're so innocent and care-free, it's hard to be in a bad mood when you're around them. I especially love them when they're small, like in Kindergarten or Grade 1, which is what I hope to teach. All of my friends hate kids, and don't want to have any when they're older, not wanting to 'ruin their bodies.' I, on the other hand, can't wait for the day I have kids, I already know they're going to be my greatest achievements in life.

Other than my parents, Harry was the first person I told about my acceptance. We were in the library, finishing up our session. "T-That's great Ally!" He had exclaimed, "I knew y-you'd get in." His sweet words led me to kiss him, but that was all that we did.

I couldn't help the nagging thought in the back of my mind about how Harry and I would be in the same city for school. It led to countless made up scenarios in my head of us studying together or exploring the city together, things I could only dream of.

Harry's been better at not actively avoiding me at school too. He's offered me a smile and a wave here and there at our lockers or in the halls, and sometimes in English class I'll catch him staring at me and his cheeks will flush at being caught, which only makes me giggle into my hand.

He really is so sweet, and I can't help but to want to be around him all the time. If it was up to me, I'd spend all of my time with him, but I don't, only because I know Harry wouldn't like that type of public attention.

I would never want Harry to be put into an uncomfortable position because of me, it's not fair on him, especially when he didn't ask for it. But I also sometimes wonder if I should just say "fuck it" and be with him.

I like Harry a lot. I don't know when it happened, but it did, and now I can't stop thinking about him all the time.

There's just something about him. Maybe it's his charming personality, or the lingering innocence he carries with him. Or maybe it's just the fact that he's a good guy, who actually treats me like I'm a human rather than some toy that is to be used and then thrown away afterwards.

I'm not used to this kind of treatment from guys. It was never something I got and I always thought that boys were just never like that, until I got to know Harry. Albeit, I don't know much about him, but from the few times we've been together, he's treated me better than I've ever been treated before.

My parents keep nagging me about why I'm always smiling when I get home from school, but I can't tell them it's because of Harry Styles, they'd be appalled. With my mother being a pediatrician and my dad owning a record label, we're fairly well off, more than most people in my school. I don't flaunt it and never have, because to me, money isn't everything.