𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙤

brianne tju as

brianne tju as...
Nova Shào

to get you into the book more! x

Nova and Ej

Nova and Ej.

A power couple, a pair that everyone saw coming. They both came from good families, money, both athletes, popular, attractive, did plays together, had a fake kindness everyone was too scared to talk about out loud. When they got together sophomore year, it wasn't a surprise, it was more so expected. Maybe that's why they did it in the first place, or maybe they really cared about each other, neither of them really knew.

Ej and Nova were good together, that was easy. They agreed about nearly everything, thoughts the same, did the same things. What they had was perfect, so perfect that it was far from real. So many people had expected them to get together that when they finally did, it wasn't because they truly liked each other, but because they both had a fear of not being the perfect person the world made them out to be.

For nearly two years, Nova and Ej were connected at the hip. She'd go to his games, he'd go to hers, then they'd sing it out in the school musical together. Things might have been forced and not all there, but there at least was something, something neither of them realized until they split just a month before senior year rolled around.

Ej had been the one to break up with Nova. A afternoon she figured was just getting pizza with her boyfriend and talking about the same thing they did over and over, smiling like they actually enjoyed each other's company, took a nasty turn when he struck up the comment about theater camp. He'd put off telling her all summer, knowing she wasn't going to be going because she'd bombed one of her classes and had to attend summer school. While he hoped for the best, things backfired.

Nova had a jealousy problem, which was originally caused by her mother's constant nagging in her ear about who was better then her and how she needed to act. Being the already jealous girlfriend, on top of borderline anger problems and trust issues, just made everything so much worse. Novas mind immediately went to the worst, her ears filling with smoke and accusing him of wanting to go off with other girls.

Sure, it was a stretch, but she was scared and insecure about her relationship. She hated that he was going without her, that there would be hundred of other girls gawking around her boyfriend, who she already didn't trust. That's when he called it, told her it wasn't going to work if she hadn't trusted him and wanted to act like the crazy girlfriend. Nova would often think back to the day at Salt Lake Slices, the guilt and embarrassment swarming in her chest.

Thought, a video a sophomore got of Nova throwing her pizza in EJ's face and calling him a liar and a potential cheater played a big part in that one.

With senior year rolling around, her label as the 'Crazy Ex' followed her all the way into auditions. With High School Musical on the rise and Ej having a new, ridiculous cute and supportive, girlfriend... Nova never misses a chance to try and ruin things as much as possible. Now that her and EJ had finally broken up, something they both seemed to want for a while, things were different. Nova realized things about herself and about them that she didn't the whole two years they'd been together.

But most of all, Nova realized that the so called 'forced love' between the two was far from true, but instead something they both had to take a step back from before realizing how real it truly was.

pls don't treat this book like
a x-reader. thank you.

tw/ theres mention of mother's
forcing ed's onto their daughters
in a few chapters.

kylie speaks

i smell character
and relationship
development! nova
is gonna seem like a
really toxic asshole
at first but trust the
process and the back
stories!

i smell character and relationship development! novais gonna seem like a really toxic assholeat first but trust the process and the backstories!