𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

tw: (sorry, it didn't load in the intro bc i was in bad wifi when i published it

tw: (sorry, it didn't load in the intro bc i was in bad wifi when i published it. so i'm putting it in again.) mention of mother forcing ed's onto their daughter.

"Nova, you are a queen, you are beautiful." Ashlyn gushed as Nova walked over to the table, her punch in hands, "When do we bow down to you?"

"I'm tempted to right now." Carlos gushed, standing up and taking Novas hand to give her a spin, "I'm getting hard core, princess that is close to murdering the queen to take her crown, vibes."

"Oddly accurate." Nova laughed. Carlos and Ashlyn had been right, she did look beautiful in the black dress that had a lace upper half, flowey lower half. She looked behind her and found Big Red and Ricky following close after, "The camera guy is kinda rude."

"Agree." Ashlyn said as the three sat down, Big Red and Ricky finally get over, "The two of you look handsome."

"Don't they?" Nova agreed with a nod, "We sang Bet On It the whole ride over here, it's a understatement to say it's stuck in my head."

"I don't believe it." Ricky announced in disbelief as he held his phone toward the pair. A photo of EJ and Gina on full display, "This dude steals my girlfriend and twelve seconds after they break up, he's already playing the field."

"It's kinda his thing, I guess." Nova shrugged with a eye roll, "But who cares? I'm my own woman who has hundred of guys, girls, and theys falling at my feet. And, to top it all off, I show up to homecoming with the best looking guys in the room. I'm a new woman tonight, a happy woman!"

"Yeah!" Big Red cheered, "Ricky can take a lesson from him though."

"Gee, thanks for defending my mortal enemy." Ricky said in disbelief as he shut his phone off, "Nova, help?"

"Well, I threw Ninis bags on the floor and you already busted EJ's lip in, i'd say we both already got some form of anger out." Nova nodded, looking over as Gino and EJ headed toward them, "My advice? Let it go. I had this weight on my shoulders since the first day of school and after tonight, knowing I wasn't even the second choice, I let that stupidness go. Now I feel happy, and healthy, and like I can do anything."

"Take Novas advice." Big Red agreed with a nod of his head, "You made a pact with your dad. You're putting yourself out there again, right? So, put yourself out there. Like, tonight."

"Speak of the devil." Ricky nodded, flipping his phone toward the pair, "Get a load of this player. He's texting me for fashion advice."

"Ricky, tell you're dad i'll be eighteen in six months and that you want a step mom." Nova said, checking out Rickys dad with a grin, "Your dad is such a hottie!"

"Nova, no." Ricky groaned in disbelief, pushing her head back.

"Excuse us!" Gina grinned as she walked over. Nova looked up, eyeing EJ a moment before pretending as though she hadn't seen either of them, "These seats taken?"