𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮

"Remember in kindergarten, you'd meet a kid, know nothing about them, and ten seconds later you're best friends?" Carlos asked, reading from Gabriellas lines as he stood infront of EJ

"Yeah." EJ said back.

"Singing with you felt like that." Carlos read from the script once more.

"Look, I never thought about singing, that's for sure." The Caswell boy spoke as his eyes filled with tears. Nova gave a odd look over toward Ashlyn in questioning, "Until you. And now, I don't wanna stop. Ever."

"Oh, wow." Nova said as she watched EJ whip his eyes.

"That's excellent and a little weird." Miss Jenn spoke up from a few feet away, "Big Red, can we hit these guys with a spotlight?"

"I'll look for it!" he called back.

"What is going on with those tears?" Nova asked Ashlyn as she nodded toward Nova, "I feel like I should be comforting him or telling him to stop with the crocodile tears."

"Does be usually give your crocodile tears?" Ashlyn asked with a frown of her eyebrows.

"Use to when I'd get mad at him he'd fake cry and then i'd do the same until we realize we're both faking it and yell at each other. I'd so the same thing when he'd get mad at me." Nova said back casually with a shrug, looking EJ's way as he spoke to Carlos.

"That's really... unhealthy." Ashlyn explained as Nova looked over at her, "Like, manipulative and toxic."

Nova gave a odd look, "No it isn't, we're matching each other's energy."

"In a extremely unhealthy way." Ashlyn spoke in worry, "Did you guys ever talk about this?"

"What's there to talk about?" Nova asked with a shrug, looking over when Miss Jenn started to talk again.

"Okay, boys, let's not wait for the lights." the petite woman spoke, "Just stand on your marks and gimme your cue again?"

EJ and Carlos faced each other before EJ sniffled and looked at Carlos quickly, "I never thought about singing, that's for sure. Until you. And now, I don't wanna stop."

"Oh my gosh." Nova said in disbelief, "What is happening?"

"EJ?" Miss Jenn questioned as he looked over with a smile, whipping the fake tears and walking her way, "Are you sick?"

Before he could answer, the large latter fell just a few feet away. Nova gasped as she hurried over toward him, "Jesus, that was bad luck right there."

"Big Red, did you do that?" Miss Jenn asked.

"No." he stated from right behind her, earning a scream in surprise.

"I-" Miss Jenn panicked, "Let's take five."

"For what it's worth, those tears were really great." Nova said on the five, finding EJ sitting in one of the window seats near the front, "It takes me forever to cry on que."