𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

The plane ride over, Nova and Ricky actually had a plan

The plane ride over, Nova and Ricky actually had a plan. They'd visit The Bean, try a bunch of restaurants, visit the amusement park, find the biggest mall, maybe run across a concert. They had plans made when they were distracted, but the second either of them weren't thinking about the terrifying plane or the hundred of people around them, they both fell back into a slump.

To say the least, the few hours they've been in Chicago, they only stayed wrapped up in warm blankets, sleeping and then telling each other what they dreamt about.

"Hi." Ricky's mom poked her head into the door with a smile, "Wasn't sure if I should let you keep sleeping. Novas latest dream was pretty intense."

The pair watched her walk in, both wrapped up tightly, "Just being a burrito here."

"Sadly, I only had one intense dream." Nova said, her head poking out from her blanket, "Now they're all about random stop signs and the Beast trying to murder me."

"I see you two found the new blankets. Is it workin?" she asked from the doorway.

"It's good." Ricky answered for the pair.

She gave a awkward smile and walked in, "So I was thinking, the three of us could go out today and I could show you guys the city. We can do it all. Deep-dish. Millennium Park. The Bean. It's all on yalls Chicago To Do List."

"We're still feeling pretty jet lagged." Ricky admitted quickly.

"You know how time zones are." Nova agreed.

She nodded and backed out of the room, "Okay. But, you both realize that we're only an hour ahead of Salt Lake here, right?"

"When time changes, I do this exact same thing." Nova lied to her.

"Must have rubbed off on me." Ricky agreed.

"You two should rest. Just-I don't know. Holler if you need anything." she gave another awkward smile, backing out of the bedroom. She spun back around, "I-I know about you and Nini. Dad told me."

"At least it wasn't that he brought another girl with him." Nova admitted.

"He also said that Ricky's friend, Novalie, was at the house eating their entire pantry and crying over a boy named TJ." she added in. Nova nearly mentally died.

"Great. So the only time you two talk to each other is to gossip about me and my friend. Nice. Parents of the year." Ricky spoke as he sat up, leaving Nova curled up on the bed.

She gave a hurt look at her son before forcing a smile, "I'm sorry. To-To hear that it's over."

"Maybe it isn't." Ricky tried. Nova patted his back from where she hadn't moved, "I don't know. I'm working on it."

"You take all the time that you need." the woman spoke before leaving the room. Ricky sighed as he laid back down, facing Nova as she stared his way.

"Why are we such losers?" she asked him honestly.

"I don't know." Ricky admited.

"I wonder how confused your mom must be right now." Nova went on with a frown of her eyebrows, "Her son goes through a break up, turning into a potato burrito, drags another girl to chicago, and now hasn't left the bed they insisted on sharing. If I was a parents-"

"It would look absolutely terrible." Ricky agreed, a laugh left his lips, "Maybe I didn't think that through before calling and saying I was brining a friend. I secretly think she was expecting Big Red."

Nova sighed, "We're pathetic."

"Oh, the worst." Ricky agreed. The small alarm going off made Nova groan as she hit her head down on the pillow, "What is that?"

"To force me to call my dad." Nova huffed as she turned it off, attempting to get out of the bed, "I can't do it."

"I'll help." Ricky reached an arm over, "One, two-"

He shoved her harshly as Nova rolled, ending up with her hitting the floor with a yelp. Ricky's eyes widened from where he was frozen on the bed, "V?"

"I'm good." she called from the ground.

Nova escaped to the front porch, sitting on the steps as she hit her dads name. It rung three times before a familiar voice came through, "Nova?"

She hesitated, "EJ?"

She could hear the smile in his voice, "Hey! Sorry, your dads out back getting the gator out of the yard."

Nova blinked, "Oh, he came back?"

"He did, yeah." EJ laughed.

"Um, what are you doing with my dad?" Nova spoke, confusion laced within her words over the speaker.

"Ash and I were going through some stuff and I found a box of some stuff you've left, I figured you'd want it back." EJ spoke over the phone. Of course, Novas though, it would be ridiculous to have your ex's stuff around your house when you have a new girlfriend, "Your dad said you were in Chicago?"

"Yeah, Ricky wanted me to come out here with him." Nova cleared her throat over the phone, "Uh, how's Gina?"

"Gina? Good, i'm pretty sure. She should be on a plane right now." EJ spoke causally over the phone, "I was actually-"

"Hey, EJ?" Nova asked, because now it hurt speaking about the other girl. Her voice broke slightly, "Signal is kinda rough here."

"Oh." he spoke, trying to sound enthusiastic, "Oh course, sure. I'll see you when you get back then?"

"Sure." Nova nodded before hurrying up to hit end call.

kylie speaks

i wanna knock them both
over the head for being so
oblivious!!

i wanna knock them bothover the head for being sooblivious!!