𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

"If you don't like the banana peppers, you can pick them off

"If you don't like the banana peppers, you can pick them off." Big Red spoke as he walked into the office where Nova was, "Pepperoni was my first choice but I definitely knew you'd want to say away from that."

Nova gave a small smile as she held the ice pack on her head, "Thanks, Big Red."

"You know my name." he smiled, putting the box of pizza next to her.

"Duh, I know your name. It just took me a second." Nova said with sad eyes, "Of course I know you take my order and make my pizza, I just get confused and my mind is all over the place. I'm really sorry. You're great and no one makes pizza the same way you do, i'm a jerk."

"You aren't a jerk. You don't have the best memories there anyways." Big Red gave a small laugh, encouraging Nova to eat as she took her first slice, "Whats this liquid diet EJ said?"

"It's where you get low calorie, low carb, but enough nutrients to keep you alive through drinks." Nova said, trying not to talk with her mouth full but was busy shoving the pizza in her mouth, "Oh my god, this feels so good."

Big Red laughed as he leaned on the door, "As good as when I make it?"

"Right now I can't even notice." Nova said, licking the pizza sauce off her thumb, "The banana peppers? So much better then pineapple and pepperoni."

"I thought so too." Big Red smiled before he went to leave.

"Big Red." Nova called out, making him pause and look back at her, "Thank you."

His eyes squeezed shut when he smiled, "Anytime."

His presence being left was re filled with Miss Jenn just a few minutes later, "Enjoying that pizza?"

"More then anything else in this world." Nova moaned as she took another slice, "Do you want one?"

Miss Jenn shook her head as she watched Nova devour the pizza on her own, "Nova, i'm obligated, as your teacher to notify the school if there is any form of abuse going on at home."

Nova stopped eating at the stared at the blonde woman. Miss Jenn sighed as she looked forward, "But as a friend, why don't you tell me what's going on and I can see what I can do?"

Nova swallowed as she put the pizza to the side, "My mom loves me, she does a lot."

Miss Jenn nodded, "I can understand why."

"She just wants what's best for me, no matter what. She's looking out for me when she does stuff like this." Nova nodded as she stared hard at Miss Jenn, "She just wants me to be the best."

"Oh, honey, I don't think starving you is whats best for you." Miss Jenn spoke gently as she stood up and took the spot next to Nova, "Is that all? Just the food situations?"

Nova didn't say anything. Miss Jenn placed her hand on Novas arm, "Nova?"

"She makes me do volleyball and swim team." Nova said honestly, crossing her legs, "She says the only way she'll agree to let me be in theater is if I continue with them."