𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

"You aren't doing it good enough

"You aren't doing it good enough." Novas mother, Beverly, lectured as Nova stood in the living room, "Do it again."

Nova cleared her throat, "This feeling like no-"

"No, no, stop it." Beverly said in disbelief with a long sigh, "How did you get this part? Where you the only one that auditioned? Do you want to make yourself look like a lazy fool? Do you want to look like nothing compared to the other girls?"

"Of course not." Nova said back as she toyed at her bracelet, "I want to be the best."

"Then start acting like it." she was snapped at quickly, "Everyone in that room is better then you, and you know it. Now, head to school before it is too late."

Nova nodded and headed toward be kitchen, getting cut off by her mother passed her a smoothie, "Liquid, Novalie. You shouldn't have put on those extra three pounds this summer."

Nova had eaten her feelings away when her and EJ split and when her mother weighed her at the beginning of the week, like she always had, Nova had gone up three pounds.

Nova took the smoothie with a small smile, kissing her mother on the cheek and heading to pick up Seb from the farm.

"Um, hi, Nova." a gentle voice spoke up. Nova shut her locker and found Nini on the other side, "Wow, strong arm. You'll nail that baseball scene."

Nova had to laugh, "I played T-Ball back in the day, I think I have this one in the bag."

"Right, totally. And you're crazy good at everything else so.." Nini trailed off as Nova leaned on the locker with a eyebrow raise, "I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any bad blood between us, clear the air. We're obviously going to be spending a lot of time together and I don't want anything to mess up our passions."

Nova gave a odd look, "Why would there be bad blood between us?"

Nini was either intimidated or confused, it was hard to tell, "Well- just with, you know, EJ and I. And you guys use to-"

"Nini, stop." Nova had to laugh as she leaned off the locker, "I don't hate you just because you're dating my ex boyfriend. No matter what you may think, i'm not one of those people. You aren't my problem and never have been."

Nini seemed definitely confused now, "But yesterday in the cafeteria when you shoved me. I just assumed-"

"That I was pushing you because you were sitting right where I use to?" Nova asked, getting a embarrassed nod, "I pushed you so I wouldn't get any of my smoothie on you. EJ was the only target, and I was having a moment. I didn't mean to shove you that hard."

Nini sighed in relief, "Right, totally! Sorry about that. I over think everything and then I start talking without understanding and suddenly i'm in this situation and then-"