Chapter 2: Collar Full

Brendon's POV:

I couldn't stop thinking about her. The way she comforted me on the roller coaster. The way she clung to me on the ferris wheel.

"Bro! Bro! Dude! Brendoon.... earth to Brendon. Brendon? Comprende?"

Suddenly I felt a weight crash into me. It was Gerard. "RAWR." he said.  "Well are you ready Ray?"

"Yeah!"

"How bout you Frank?"

"Oh I'm there baby."

"How about you Mikay?" Gerard asked in a silly voice.

Mikey popped up with his My Little Pony pillow. "Fuckin rEADY!"

"Let's order some pizza!" Gerard said. Pete jumped up. Spencer volunteered to go too. Frank was strumming some tunes on Guitar Hero in the corner.

"Battery City rocks man!" Bob screeched.

"Um you do know it's just the local gaming center right Bob?" I asked.

"When are we actually going to live in a place all our own?" Mikey asked. All the guys were quiet.

"We will. One day." I said uncertainly. Patrick tried to change the subject.

"Pizza should be here soon, and I got drinks! It's only the richest of cremes." He said smiling.

"You mean milk?" Bob asked.

"Sure." Patrick answered. I brightened all of a sudden.

"Hey guys, when we finish eating we can play our favorite game!" Ryan looked up from where he was.

"The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys?" he asked excitedly.

"YAAAAAAS!!!" Everyone said in unison. That game was practically our lives. You see, we needed no one, and no one needed us. We lived together for as long as I can remember. We hung out at the local video game store, "Battery City". The guy that ran the place, Mackie, let us stay there.

I ran away from home when I was really young, I couldn't stand living in that place another minute. Ryan joined me, we had it rough. While I wandered the streets I ran into Pete and his gang that consisted of Patrick and Spencer. We stuck together and Pete got this crazy idea that we would take in runaways looking for a better life.

Gerard and Mikey stumbled in one day, and then together we rescued Ray, Frank, and Bob. It was nice, just drifters with no place that we truly belonged. If it wasn't for Mackie offering to let us stay here, we might not have made it this far. The arcade didnt get much business, but Mackie didnt want to shut it down. With us there, it was perfect. Almost.

Poor Mikey wanted more. He saw families, and the way they could just turn in for the night in an actual bed. I felt bad for him. I wanted a better life for him, I just didn't know how I could provide it.

Dropping the sad stuff... The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys was a cool game that took place in a futuristical world where these bad vampire guys stripped people of their individuality.

It was up to the chosen few, Killjoys, as they were called, to save the day. We all had our own characters. I really didn't play but Gerard, Mikey, Frank, and Ray were real big on it. The rest of us guys liked to sit on the couch and watch their competetive nature. It was nice being loners, but I felt something more ever since last Night when I met Madison.

She made me feel alive. I glanced at the note she had written me. I like her improper way of spelling! Just then Patrick came up and took the paper. "Hey!" I yelped reaching at him.

"Wat is dis." Patrick said weirdly raising his eyebrows at me up and down. I glared at him.

"Nothing." Patrick opened it and looked at it. He made a loud gasping sound and looked at me, then back at the note, then back at me. "LOVE HAPPENS, ONCE IN A LIFETIME-" he started singing off key and loud. I punched his arm.

"Dude be quiet!" Too late. By then all the guys were all up on me staring at the note. Frank made a face and looked at me.

"How come you get first dibs?"

I sighed.

"It just happened! She looked at me with that smile, and I don't know. I felt a spark, ya know?" 

"The spark?" Mikey asked in awe.

Ray looked at me, "Wow you're really schmitten over this chick huh?" he asked.

"Well-"

"She gave you an address! You must go to her!" Bob said. Pete and Spencer returned with the pizza.

"What's happenin!" Spencer asked.

"Our Brenny here has found a love interest." Ryan explained. Bob sat next to me.

"Guys this calls for Bob and Brenny time." he said. The others filed to the couches in the lounge. I heard Frank say, "Gerard! You, me, pizza, let's get weird!" I laughed to myself then faced a waiting Bob.

"Bren, if you really love this girl then I suggest that you visit her. It's actually rare that any of us fall in love so it's sort of a big deal. Take a chance and go for it!" Bob told me. Wow, who knew he could give love advice?

"I might give it a try." I answered. Bob smiled.

"Bob knows all! Now let's go eat before Ray eats all the good slices!" he said leading me to the lounge. After we all ate like four slices of pizza, (Ray had a whole box and a half) and drank our 'richest of cremes' it was game time. Gerard went to claim his special chair.

"I call Party Poison!" he said naming his ultimate character.

"I'm Fun Ghoul!" Frank sat next to him.

"Kobra Kid!" Mikey shouted.

"Jet Star is mine!" Ray added next to him. The game's opening theme began. The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys, MAKE SOME NOISE! We watched them play in silence as we 'ooed and awed' at the epicness. Halfway into the game I said aloud, "Guys, I think I'm going for it. I'll go visit her. The more I think about her, the more I find myself I don't know... falling in love. I just have to see her again."

Ryan turned to me. "Now don't go getting collar full." he said. "That means like lovey dovey everything by the way." he added.

"He can't help it. Let him be." Mikey said.

"I can hang out with her more and see how it goes." I continued.

"You can bring her out to meet us!" Ray said.

"Urm, I don't know man. We're really hardcore. She doesn't know about all... This." I replied uneasily, motioning around me.

"Hardcore? Us? Naw." Patrick said.

Then Spencer asked, "Do you wanna go shove gummy bears up my nose!"

"Do I!?" Patrick smiled. Spencer got out a bag.

"One at a time! One at a time!" Patrick chanted.

Yeah... I would wait awhile before I bring her near these guys.