Chapter 6: The Only Hope For Me Is You

Maddie's POV

The movie was pretty awesome. Even Brendon enjoyed it. He had told me we were going somewhere special but he wouldn't tell me. "Sorry but no peeking either." Brendon smiled directing me to close my eyes. I smiled in return and did what I was told. The car drove a couple blocks away from the theater. We slowed down a bit. I felt the car stop.

"Wait just a second." I heard Brendon say. I heard him get out of the car. I waited. Then my door opened and I felt Brendon take my hand. "Follow me." I heard him say. I let him lead me a couple of steps then he told me to open my eyes. I did, and gasped. There was a trail of lit candles leading down towards a pond that had a mini picnic set up. "Hold on-" Brendon fished around in his pockets, then leaped out in front of me and sprayed rose petals everywhere.

"Brendon... this is so beautiful!" I said breathlessly. He smiled.

"Not as beautiful as you." I could feel myself blushing. He took my hand and together we walked down the candle lit path to our dinner.

Ryan's POV

I stared at the boy in front of me.

"Who are you?" We asked each other at the same time.

"I'm Ryan." I started. I motioned towards the others. "And that's Ray, Frank, Bob, Gerard, Mikey, Pete, Patrick, and Spencer. Brendon is currently out with Madison." The boy took us all in.

"Okay... I see how Maddie rolls." He said. I put down the lamp.

"Now who are you?" I asked. He stepped inside.

"My name is Issa. I'm Maddie's friend. Practically her brother. You can call me Twaimz though." Issa said.

"Interesting name, 'Issa.' " Ray said.

"It's of Arabic descent." Twaimz answered flipping his hand in a circle fashion. All of the guys nodded in approval.

"So Twaimz are you here to visit Maddie?" Frank asked.

"Yeah, we haven't seen each other in awhile and she invited me up here a few days ago. The real question is, why are you guys all up in her house?" Twaimz looked at us. Gerard answered;

"Brendon, our friend, met Maddie and they became like buds. Maddie offered to let us all live with her because we had no where to go except for our old home Battery City." Twaimz took this in.

"You said she's out with this Brendon guy?" He asked. I nodded. "Well I guess I can wait for her to return. Get to know her um... new friends?" Twaimz said. "One question for you."

"What?" I asked.

"Do you like llamas?"

Maddie's POV

This was so sweet of Brendon to have put together. We had sandwiches, and a fruit basket, the for desert we had assorted pastries. "Madison, I have never met any girl like you before. I'm so glad I did." he said.

I blushed. "Same with you Brendon. You're so sweet, and adorkable."

Brendon looked down. "I'm really shocked you let us stay with you."

"Hey, I'm happy to help. Sure they can be a bit hard to put up with but it works." I said.

"Yeah they can be something. Sometimes I think the only hope for me is you. Gets me away from the chaos." Brendon replied. Then he stood up, and grabbed something from a nearby tree. It was a guitar. "Oh Brendon..." I trailed off knowing what was next.

"This is for you." He smiled, and began.

"Whether near or far,

I am always yours.

Any change in time,

We are young again.

Lay us down, We're in love

In these coming years,

Many things will change.

But the way I feel, will remain the same.

Lay us down, We're in love...

Lay us down, We're in love..."

I felt like crying. "Brendon, that was beautiful." He had a truly amazing voice.

"I call that song 'The End of All Things.'" He smiled.

"Maddie, I want to make this official. Will you go out with me?" Brendon asked, his eyes shining with hope. I smiled and pounced on him.

"Oh Brendon yes times a thousand!!" I hugged him.

"Ah! Crushing the nerd!" Brendon laughed. After the amazing night we returned home.

"Just wait till the others find out!" I said. I opened the door to reveal all 9 guys dancing in a line with Twaimz.

"Llama llama, shinin' shinin', lookin like a diamond diam...ond?" Twaimz broke off when he saw me and Brendon.

"The Llama song?" Ryan peeked out of the crowd. Brendon and I stared when we saw them. Twaimz then ran at me and almost tackled me in a hug.

"Issa?" I asked surprised. Forgot I invited him over.

"Maddie I've missed you so much!" He smiled. I could see the shocked look on Brendon's face. Uh oh.

"Maddie...?" He asked me softly.