Chapter 10: The Mighty Fall

Maddie's POV

I stared in shock as Patrick shoved me over. There was a sharp click sound as the laser gun smacked him across the face. Patrick was down in an instant. "Oh my gosh Patrick!" I yelled. Frank was just standing there with this look on his face.

"I killed him!" He suddenly wailed. I looked over to see Brendon crash around a corner.

"What happened!?" He asked me. I pointed at Patrick.

"He saved me from getting hit." I said. Brendon rushed over to Patrick's side.

Patrick's POV

I felt someone violently shaking me. I also thought I heard Frank wailing somewhere in the distance. I had to find him. What if he needed my help? I tried to follow the cries, but found myself somewhere that looked like nowhere. I was about to keep looking when I saw Brendon run at me and before I could ask him what was going on he grabbed me roughly by the shoulders and started shaking me.

My eyes flashed open and I saw a concerned Brendon staring at me.

"Patrick are you okay? Can you hear me?" he asked. Why was he so concerned?

"Y-yeah I'm fine. What's wrong with your face... why does it look like that?" I asked dumbly.

"He's concerned genius." Ryan said. I tried to sit up.

"Take it easy man." Brendon said helping me up. Half of my face hurt so bad. I realized Frank's wailing had followed me to the waking world.

"I killed him!" He cried. Gerard smacked his shoulder.

"Get a hold of yourself man! He's fine see. Now shut up." Frank looked at me and sighed in relief.

"Patrick you saved me. Thank you. That was really courageous of you." Maddie smiled and put a hand on my shoulder. My face did hurt, but the reason I jumped in was worth it.

"You were pretty mighty." Twaimz added.

"Oh how the mighty fall." Mikey sighed. Wow, so poetic. I picked my fedora off the floor and re-adjusted it on my head. "Let's go." I said.

We left the laser tag place and got some ice for my face. "So much for a fun outing day." Spencer said.

"It was pretty fun." I answered. I glanced at Maddie and saw Brendon's arm around her. We made eye contact.

"Too bad you got hurt trying to save this troublemaker!" He playfully said ruffing Maddie's hair.

"Brendon!" She laughed and swatted him away. I laughed lightly and quickly darted my eyes away. We made it back to the house and filed in for lunch. Maddie prepared food with Twaimz's help. I was going to help as well but Brendon motioned for me to follow him upstairs. Ooh mysterious. I saw him glance at Maddie then me, then he went up.

Oh no. I made a weird strangled noise and followed him up. We grouped up in the bedroom. "Patrick, I just wanted to make sure you are alright. Ya know after what happened." He said running a hand through his hair. I stared at him strangely.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It was just a bump. I had a weird dream though-"

"About what?" Brendon asked me quickly.

"It was just a dream. What's wrong?" I asked. He was kinda scaring me. I guess he knew that because he calmed down.

"Nothing. I'm just glad you did that for Maddie."

"It was no big deal. She's an amazing person." I smiled. I caught what I said and froze.

"Aw look at Patwick getting all mushy!" He said and took my hat.

"Ugh don't say that!" I laughed and took it back.

"But seriously dude you don't like... Like Maddie right? I mean I don't know. I would be uh... pretty upset. You know how that goes." Brendon muttered lightly. Yeah. I knew how he could... get.

"No man. Just friends. Let Mrendon sail on!" I joked. Brendon smiled and patted my shoulder.

"Yeah. Good talk buddy. Or should I say mighty buddy." With that he headed back down leaving me. He was acting weird. Oh well. I guess I was pretty Mighty. And oh how the mighty fall in love.