Falling Slowly | sfw pt1

-Oh how love will make those try their shot till they make it. Alcina would..never, would she?..

"Maiden! Maiden!" Daniela called angrily before finding me and pulled me to Cassandra asking who was the first being born. These girls ask some of the weirdest question that should be taken to their mother not me. Daniela shouted over Cass saying she was and even I had "seen" It and even if it was actually Bela because Lady Alcina got giddy and emotional seeing them and pulled me right with her in the room to see her daughters, these girls would be like, "Bela?! Lies. I can't imagine her as the oldest. She's got to be younger." I don't think it's best to even disagree.

"What is all this commotion all for!?"
I jumped along with the girls and turned around watching Lady Alcina come down the stairs and I looked down out of respect. "We were...arguing who was born first and asked the Maiden which one was..." Cassandra quietly said as Daniela grumbled. "Bela is the oldest. Cassandra, you're the middle and Daniela is the youngest." Daniela was quickly pushed to the ground by Cassandra yelling, "I told you I told you!!!"

I walked up to Lady and smiled before going upstairs then felt her hand around my arm, "I want you to come with me." She asked before walking me up to her wine room and suddenly felt a bit worried. I felt the urge to go but she had sat me down on a chair and pulled on in front of me before serving me a cup of wine. "Why the...invite..?" I asked out of nowhere and looked down again. Her finger only lifted my chin up making me confused. "Why not? My daughters trust you. So do I." It made me feel proud of myself for earning her daughters trust. They did seem to view me as their mother, second..

"It could've been any other..maiden. Listen I really appreciate the invite but maybe you'd want someone else that's interested in you like the maidens in the kitchen that are-" She suddenly stood up slamming her hands down the sides of the arm chair, blocking. "I don't see anything in them. I don't care what they talk about me, I've invited you because you've done so well since you've came and most don't last three years now do they?" I shook my head quickly before feeling her lean down and lightly touch my neck with her cold lips. She must've felt a bit of a shock because of how warm I was.

"Lady Dimitrescu I was told I'd find yo-" The sound of a tray fell to the ground as I covered my face and looked away to avoid being identified. "What on hells sake? Have you heard of knocking before?" I saw the maiden leave to avoid being told to head down the cellar but I knew she'd take responsibility once she caught her again unless she felt a bit of mercy for her. I quickly ran out to the top stairs and hid behind the thick curtains as she went into the Wine room and called out my name.

My heart beat against my chest so heavily I felt like passing out. Why would she get so close..oh dear. I started running to the library but knew she was looking at me right when my back felt a bit heavy, not to weigh me down, just like a pair of hand touching but I kept going just to make her question if it was really me who she saw running.

A week later...

I woke up feeling refreshed after a walk around the village with some protection from those ugly wolfs or whatever. Looking like hairballs. The other maidens seemed to have not woken up, they have their own rooms but their doors should be open at all times after waking up and so far only mine will be opened. It's a Saturday anyways.

I went over to the library quietly entering before seeing Lady Alcina picking books and placing them in order. I panicked remembering a week agos situation and wanted to leave, as I opened the door, it creaked letting her know I was here. She looked back and walked to the entrance as I went under the table and stayed quiet. "Whoever is here, show yourself. Don't be a creep." I automatically felt bad but I'm not going to do this.

She walked away to the other side of the library, letting me run to the opposite side and into the last section of the room. Her footsteps were close already as she made a confused, 'hm.' I was dead as soon as she looked down on me and smiled. "Well, you're here for books too?" I nodded quickly before feeling her hand take me to the front and then the back of the opposite direction where a small comfy corner was with a pile of books. She sits down first before pulling me on her lap and made her my head was comfortable on her, selected a book and began reading.

Her voice soothed me as page after page she read and even held my hand as some parts were sometimes a big too much for the human Brian to contain and more when I get confused over an overload of information but she was there to tell me it was just a story.

"And as soon as the Queen knew she had found her other half, she took her in her arms and pulled her close while spoiling her with affection. Oh my beloved! She said, how much ive waited for this moment! and lived happily ever after." I smiled melting into the sweet ending, she giggled a bit as I got comfortable and yawned explaing how much I hated the girl that rejected the queen because she thought herself higher than the girl who loved her.

A/N: I'll continue this, next part is going to be Alcina's POV :)