Chapter 73

Dr. Weiner started to shake in fear, and his face grew paler and paler with each passing second. "I-I-" he tried to say but stopped talking. He cleared his throat and opened his mouth to say something else, but nothing came out, so he closed it instead.

"Dr. Weiner, it's fine," I said. "I've already known about Ilyrian and everything for a while now."

"How? When?" he asked. "Does the k- I-I mean..." He trailed off and cleared his throat while he shifted in his seat.

I shifted in my seat and cleared my throat, my cheeks turning red. "Ummmm... he doesn't know," I said. "My dad doesn't know that I know that he is the king of a magical place that I'm not supposed to know about." I shifted in my seat some more and cleared my throat again. "And I hope that he doesn't know until I tell him." I narrowed my eyes and tried to look threatening, but I had a feeling that I didn't even look that scary.

Dr. Weiner nodded, his eyes wide. "O-o-of course, Your Highness," he stuttered. He cleared his throat and shifted in his seat nervously. "How long have you known?" He paused and bowed his head. "If I may ask, of course."

I sighed and shrugged, not caring that he asked. "I knew about Ilyrian for a couple of weeks or a month now. I don't know." I cleared my throat and shrugged again. "I found out the first day that I went to the Academy."

"How?" he asked.

"When I touched this insignia on the door," I replied. I absentmindedly rubbed the hand that I touched the insignia with, and Dr. Weiner took notice of it but didn't say a word. I cleared my throat and shifted until I was able to grab my leg and pulled it to my chest. "It called for me," I said with furrowed brows while I "tried" to remember what had happened, tried to because I could remember that day with no problems. "The insignia."

Dr. Weiner nodded and wrote it down in his notebook. "What do you see?" he asked.

"A vision of some sorts on Illyrian," I replied. I cleared my throat and hugged my leg closer to my chest. "I saw a black unicorn that glowed red running away from something. He had these very dark spots on his body, and I knew that it was blood and sweat mixing together, and then it dripped onto the ground behind him."

Dr. Weiner didn't say a word and nodded while he continued to write in his notebook.

"He wasn't afraid of what he was running from, but he was determined to outrun them and to protect the people that he carried on his back." I shook my head and sighed while I rubbed my temple. "I don't know who he was carrying, but the figure knew him and trusted them with their life as well as the thing that they were carrying."

"What were they carrying?" he asked, and I shrugged.

"Don't know," I replied and shrugged again while I grimaced. "I don't even know who the person that was on the unicorn's back is or was." I furrowed my brows and looked down, trying to figure out if I could now, but I couldn't, so I sighed and looked back at Dr. Weiner.

Dr. Weiner nodded and gestured for me to continue with my story.

I cleared my throat and tapped my finger on my leg. I was anxious, nervous, not knowing if he believed me or not, and prayed that he did. "The figure said something to the unicorn, and the unicorn didn't want to do it. However, in the end, the unicorn did what the figure told him to do and went in a different direction than they had to go.

"Once they reached this little alcove, the unicorn stopped, and the figure got off of him. They said goodbye before they turned tail and ran with the unicorn running in a different direction from them."

"Is that it?" Dr. Weiner asked, and I shook my head, no. "What else happened?"

"It jumped in time a bit until it was late in the evening, and the unicorn was stumbling from his wounds and from exhaustion. He was having problems breathing, and they, whoever they were, were closing in on him until he was slammed into the ground by something large and dark."

Dr. Weiner nodded and didn't say a word while he wrote it down in his notebook.

I cleared my throat and shifted. "He tried to fight, but he couldn't, so he called for some of his fellow companions to come to help him, but no one did." I furrowed my brows and cleared my throat again, nervous about what he would think about the next part I said. "There was this blinding light, and the thing left, and a wizard with gray eyes went to his side. He helped him, the wizard, and healed the unicorn's wounds as well as give him some strength because, at that point, the unicorn was tired of caring."

Dr. Weiner paused, writing down what I said, and looked at me. His eyes were wide, and I had a feeling that he knew who I was talking about. "A wizard, you say?" he asked, and I nodded. "A wizard with gray eyes?"

"Yes," I confirmed. "It was a wizard with gray eyes." I cleared my throat and shifted in my seat. "The wizard said a few words to the unicorn and told him that he had to take off the unicorn's horn and send him to New Earth to protect him and to save his life. He told the unicorn that he would get his horn back, but he couldn't see when and that the one that would save them would be able to get it for him.

"The unicorn said that the wizard could take off his horn, so the wizard did. The wizard set a spell on the unicorn to make him fall asleep, and in the end, he did. The last words that I remember before the vision ended were, "good luck, Vanar of Ilyrian. May you live until you find her. We will need both of you to survive.""

Dr. Weiner looked at me with wide eyes, his book forgotten. He stared at me, and his eyes kept changing colors while he looked at me.

"Who are you?" he asked, finally. He knew that I was a princess, so that wasn't what he was asking. He was wondering who else I was, even though he should have known who I was the moment that I walked into his office.

However, knowing that I was safe in his presence, I reached under my shirt and took the stone from where it laid. "I am the girl that is to save Ilyrian," I said and released the stone so that it laid on my chest in full view of his wide eyes and opened mouth. "And in doing that, I am going to need your help."