Chapter 7

I gasped awake and fell out of my bed with a loud thud. My whole body screamed danger, but I had no idea why. I closed my eyes as I panted, trying to keep myself from throwing up.

Whatever dream I had terrified me to no end. It was uncommon for me to fall out of bed from my nightmares, so this one really topped it off.

I groaned out in pain and sat up, my head pounding as if someone took a hammer and started to beat me with it.

"Ley?" I heard my sister ask from the other side of the adjoining bathroom. She knocked on the door. "Are you ok?" she asked in concern. "You were screaming really loud.

"Uh... ya," I said, getting out of the blankets. I grimaced as I pulled on my t-shirt that stuck to my body because I was covered in sweat. "I just had a bad dream, I guess. I am ok."

Izzy stayed by the door on the other side of the door. "Do I need to get Dad or someone?" she asked.

I shook my head before realizing that she couldn't see me. "No," I replied. "I am fine. I think I am going to go take a shower."

Again, there was a pause as I started to make my way towards the bathroom. "Are you going to the barn?" she asked.

I opened the door and faced my twin. I felt something move against my legs and looked down to see that it was Tigra and that she was annoyed about something. "Ya," I replied, looking up at my sister. "I want to start working on Shadow."

"And get close to my man," Izzy added, teasingly. She nodded towards my cat. "She was locked in the bathroom. I think that is why she seems so pissed."

I rolled my eyes and looked at Tigra. "I told you not to go in there," I said, "but no. You decided not to listen."

"Meow," Tigra replied. She blinked before running to my bed and laying down.

I shook my head at my cat and looked at my twin. "If you want to come..."

Izzy shook her head. "I do not want to walk there." She started to make her way to her room which was already messy. "I didn't take a shower yet, so you should have some hot water."

"Thank you!" I exclaimed following her into the bathroom. I shut my door as she shut hers and walked to the mirror. I moved a hand across my face and shook my head. "Today is going to be a long day," I whispered. "And, it doesn't help that I will be starting school tomorrow."

***

I walked the trail towards the stables, enjoying the peace and quiet. I tried to keep the nightmare out of my mind, but it would pop up unannounced. Whatever the nightmare was terrified me, left me feeling as if I was weak, too weak to survive.

Thundering hoofsteps came towards me from the way that I was going. The hoofbeats were coming closer, and I knew that whoever was there was coming at me full speed.

I paused in my going as I waited to see who was coming. I had moved to the side because I did not want to get stepped on, but didn't matter because the horse stopped near me.

The horse, Gallant, snorted and reared up. He shook his head, causing the lead rope to swing on his neck. A note hung on the lead rope, and I was sure that it was from Liam.

Gallant placed all four of his hooves on the ground and walked the rest of the way towards me. He blew out, blowing my bangs closer to my forehead. "Can. You. Understand. Me. Human?" he asked, slowly and emphasizing each word.

"Yes. I. Can. Horse," I replied, causing him to again sniff me. I watched as Gallant walked around me, staying in the same spot.

"Hmmm," he replied, stopping in front of me. "How?"

I shrugged my shoulder. "Your guess is good as mine," I replied, honestly. I pulled my necklace from underneath my shirt and held the gem, feeling slightly safe to show him. "I think this helps."

Gallant put his nose on it and backed up with a squeal. He flicked his muzzle back and forth before glaring at it. "It shocked me," he said. He narrowed his eyes. "What sorcery is that."

I stuffed the necklace underneath my shirt again before shrugging. "An old lady gave it to me yesterday," I said. "It's... magical, not something that I had seen before." I furrowed my brows. "Why are you here?"

"Liam sent me to collect you. Though, I think that you should walk," Gallant replied. He sighed, mockingly. "But, if Liam says for me to do it, I have to do it."

I rolled my eyes and walked towards him, causing him to back up. "Really?" I asked, causing him to nod his head. I rubbed the bridge of my nose and sighed, annoyed. "Look, I am sorry that it shocked you. Can you please take me to the barn?"

Gallant snorted but nodded his head. He moved towards me and turned around so that his side was facing me. "Hop on," he said. "I would be so happy to take you to my home where you can ride other ponies besides me."