Chapter Sixteen

"I'M SO GLAD THAT YOU CAME WITH ME, SENSEI!" Hanna happily boasted as she wrapped her hands around Julia and strolled with her around her neighborhood. Julia figured that Hanna lived just a few blocks from her, so it was easy to walk back home after dropping back Hanna. 

But it was so hard to walk back Hanna to her home. Because Hanna turned out to be the most talkative, interactive, and clingy guide. 

Hanna introduced every single person in the street to Julia.

"Look! That's Mrs. Diyo! She lives around my neighborhood, she cooks good food for you and delivers something at your door if you compliment her. That's how I get her to bake cookies for me every day..." Hanna whispered to Julia's ears. "You can do the same too, Sensei, after all, we are all neighbors now."

"Hey! Mrs. Diyo, your hair looks the finest under the sun!" Hanna shouted after whispering to Julia. The middle-aged Mr. Diyo laughed and waved while saying: "Ohohoho! You are the best Hanna-san! I'll bake parfait for you tomorrow!"

'What the-...How did Hanna become such a twisted person?'

"That's Mr. Hatake, he is an old geezer. If you accidentally bump into him, he'll rant off your ear for an hour. Memorize his body shape, size, and face, Sensei. They say you can be very unlucky if you come across this man in his neighborhood." Hanna warned.

'Oh...okay...'

"You see that old lady strolling with her dog? She's blind. Almost everyone bumps into her in the neighborhood. They say pennies fly from her pocket if you bump into her. Also, memorize her Sensei, she is the source of money for every beggar in this neighborhood. I still have no idea why she still hasn't been robbed yet." Hanna smirked.

'WTF. Hanna, what is wrong with you!? Where is your innocent side?!' Is that why the Male lead isn't falling for you?' 

***

***

At last, after so many twists and turns around the confusing Neighborhood, they finally arrived at Yoshihisa Hanna's house. Julia's mind was already oblivion when they were standing in front of a standard Highschool student's home. 

Julia rubbed her eyes. "Well, Yoshihisa-san, have a nice-" Before she could finish her sentence, Hanna already had Julia tightened around her hold. 

"My parents will love to meet you, Sensei! Especially since they were eager to meet you for months." Hanna laughed as she patted Julia's back. 

'So you bring your Sensei just so that your parents can meet her?' 

"My mother is kind, sweet, and a hardworking mother." 

"Ah... I see..." 

"My father is a bit different though, he looks grumpy and serious, but he's actually a funny guy himself." 

"Ah..." 

Julia already knew how Hanna's parents were like. She read about them in the novel, though she would like to meet them and ask them how they raised their child to be this twisted... 

'Ugh... I just wanna go back home....' But Julia was too tired to care anyway. 

Too late, because Hanna rang the bell to the house and yelled out: "Mother, Father, I'm home!"

The door creaked open, and a woman smiled in surprise, "Ah, Hanna-chan is home, oh,my, you also brought someone else with you too?" 

"WHAT?" Someone roared inside. "My Hanna-chan brought someone home?! IS IT A BOY?!" 

"No honey, it's a female friend." 

"Mother, she is my sensei." Hanna clarified. 

'Ugh... don't give me this sh*t.' 

***

***

Julia was facing two oddly-looking parents inside, with a weird smiles around their lips. 

"So, you are Hanna-chan's Sensei," The father started in a grumpy voice but he had an odd smile on his face. 

"Welcome, to our humble house, Sensei." The mother had a small smile on her lips. 

"Eh, greetings, I am Okano Julia. Yoshihisa-san's homeroom teacher." 

"Oh, tell me about Hanna-chan at school. Is she kind? Is she getting along with other students?" 

'"Fufufu, she is a nice person." 

"Does she make any friends?" 

Don't ask me, ask your daughter.' 

"Yes, she gets along well with the others-?" Julia responded. 

"Does she have a hard time in your classes?" 

'Oh, haven't you heard? She was first place.' 

"No." 

Like this, the questioning went on for hours. The time went from Four to Five, and Five to Six. 

'Hanna! Tell your parents to stop!' Julia cried inside her head. But Hanna didn't notice her pain as Hanna happily kept serving Julia with cookies, cakes, tea, drinks, snacks with a large smile and boasted about her. 

"Mother, Father, Sensei teacher me so well that I would never forget anything for a hundred years!" With a large clueless smile on her face. 

Honestly this bakarina! Get the hint! 

"Tell me honestly Sensei, is there a boy who is bothering her?" Her father finally asked, "If my precious daughter-!" 

"Honey!" The mother held back the father, "How could a teacher know?!" 

"But she must know! She is a student's armor!" The father cried, "What could I have done if my daughter started falling in love and leaves our house?!" 

'Excuse me sir, but what the f*ck is this nonsense?' 

"..." Julia said nothing but kept drinking her tea and biscuits. 

"Sensei, isn't a teacher the student's armor and shield? Is there any protective service for little girls against those bad wolf boys-!" The father said more nonsense. 

'A student's armor and shield... WTF. Do you think I'm a warrior or something? I'm just a high school teacher.'  

"Sorry Mr. Yoshihisa, all the boys in my class are well behaved and stay away from most of the girls," Julia answered honestly. 

"Oh, that's nice. As expected of my Hanna-chan's sensei. Always efficient with discipline, I should have expected when Hanna-chan was boasting about you every day." The father said with a proud smile on his face.

"I know right, Father! I've never had such a nice and kind teacher before!" Hanna boasted more. 

'Is this how you treat your other teachers every year?! No wonder why they all get tired." 

'Ahhhhhh... why can't you just let me, a background character go home! Hanna!'

***